We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train travel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
train travel

I am flying into New York shortly. I will be staying in Manhattan and then moving over to Long Island for remainder of my stay. Question: Can I take my lugguage/suitcases aboard the train and if so, do they stay with me as a passenger.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train travel

Yes and yes

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train travel

There are areas near the doors of the Long Island Rail Road trains where you can store luggage. There are no luggage storage/redcap services on LIRR.

As such, try not to travel during peak hour (4.30pm-6.30pm) in that direction, as your luggage will be in the way of the commuters and doors.

Edited: 06 May 2013, 18:45
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train travel

Is it Long island or Long Island City? Either way the answer is yes, but for LI you're using the LIRR that kateoz mentions. For LIC you're using the subway.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train travel

Whether it is Long Island (via the LIRR) or Long Island City (via the subway) you can take your baggage and it all may stay with you.

CH

Edited: 06 May 2013, 20:00
5. Re: train travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 06:16