We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

Franklin, North...
Level Contributor
71 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

We visited a wonderful Irish pubafter visiting the 911 Memorial last week and I want to write a review. Sad to admit that I can't remember the name of the pub.............Can anyone help me with the name?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

There are only about 10,000 Irish pubs in the city (joking!) so a little more info would help. If it was right at the entrance to the memorial it was O'Hara's. If it was further afield, how far away was it, was it in TriBeCa or east of the memorial across Broadway?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

I went to this BBQ place in North Carolina... but I forgot the name.. can you help me?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

Use google maps and search for pubs.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,011 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

Ohara's is a great survivor bar very close to the memorial. Even if its not the one, write a review anyway!

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

Hola.

For Irish bars we can highly recommend Foley’s Pub & Restaurant at 18 West 33rd Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues across the street from the Empire State Building. Years ago we had offices in the ESB and ate at Foley’s on many nights when we were working late

We can also highly recommend McAnn's Bar and Restaurant at 3 West 46th Street (just west Fifth Avenue). A friend from the "Fighting 69th" told us about the place a while back and it has got the BEST corned beef sandwiches.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,046 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

Hey, Brooklyn_1215, if you tell me what the sauce looked like, I'll tell ya. LOL

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

how about lily obriens? or woodrows? ring a bell?

sauce was red, piedmont style. pulled from the shoulder.

Franklin, North...
Level Contributor
71 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

Bingo!! It was O'hara's. Thanks

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,046 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

It was Stamey's.

10. Re: Irish Pub near 911 Memorial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 05:16