We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not book with Viator

Brisbane
Level Contributor
148 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Do not book with Viator

6 day East Coast private plane tour from New York, Niagra Falls, Amish experience and Washington DC. Run by Mauiva. Trip delayed for 2 days due to lack of numbers. Viator itinerary very misleading. Wonderful, but busy tour once you actually get on it. I suggest you do not book until numbers are confirmed if this trip is to form part of an overseas holiday to the USA. Once Viator have your money they drop you like a hot spud. I am still waiting for a reply to an email I sent them 4 days ago. Best to book with anyone but Viator.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,952 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do not book with Viator

Viator is not actually a tour company, they just sell tours and tickets for other companies, and charge a fee for it. Many people get caught out like you as they think Viator is liable for problems with the tickets/tours they have bought through them, but when you get to the fine print you will see it is the actual tour company that you must deal with.

Sorry your trip wasn't as promised. Find the name of the actual tour company and ask for a refund or at least a partial one. Mauiva sounds like the ones you need to chase down. http://www.mauiva.com/

It is always better to book directly through the actual company, it offers better protection.

new york
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do not book with Viator

All of that in only 6 days - it would have to be very busy.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do not book with Viator

We have booked several tours through Viator for our overseas trips , we have often found the cost is cheaper than booking directly withthe individual tour operators due to the higher AUD to the USD and have discount codes to use aswell.

We also always check out the tour operators before we book , via online reviews

We had booked a helicopter flight in Manhattan and had to reschedule twice and found it was easy , never needed to speak to viator though

You do have to understand though, that Viator is simply an online reseller of tours and trips around the world

Brisbane
Level Contributor
148 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do not book with Viator

I understand that Viator is a reseller of trips but point out again that VIATOR'S advertising of this particular trip was clearly misleading. I find it unacceptable that they will not reply to my email to address this issue.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Do not book with Viator

Hello MarkandChrissy,

We're very sorry to hear you had an unfavorable experience regarding your tour purchased through Viator. We apologize for the delay in replying to your email. Unfortunately, due to extremely high customer volume, we are currently experiencing an email turnaround time in excess of 7 days. Please be on the look out for an email direct from Viator, as we will be contacting you privately soon so we can better resolve this issue for you.

Thank you and Happy Travels!

New York City
Level Contributor
4,804 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do not book with Viator

I used Viator in Florence and it was sufficient. I am not one for tours but they kept up their end of the bargin

Brisbane
Level Contributor
148 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do not book with Viator

Need to be fair here. Viator have contacted me and offered a refund for the 2 nights accommodation at Niagara Falls. Viator has also requested input as to where we stayed and suggestions for the itinerary. You can't be more reasonable than that. I will address the rescheduling issue with Mauiva . Thank you Viator.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,952 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do not book with Viator

Well there is good news and good customer service.

townsville...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do not book with Viator

Have you already been on the trip? I have booked the same trip for September with Viator also. Would like to know what you thought of it.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do not book with Viator

G'day travelclan,

Did you bother to read the original post in full? If so you seemed to have missed a few words in it.