We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer options from jfk with toddler to downtown manhattan

dublin
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transfer options from jfk with toddler to downtown manhattan

Hi all

I will be in new york for one week in the middle of june. First time in the city with a toddler. was hoping to get some feedback from anybody who has personal experience of using any of the private transfer or taxi companies that supply car seats for kids. I have googled a few companies and the reviews are mixed to say the least. nyclimousine.com being one. We will be travelling from jfk to downtown Manhattan.. Will be using subway for getting around while in manhattan.

My daughter is thirteen months old and her safety is my number one priority, so if anybody has any first hand experience of the above i would love to hear it.

Thanking you in advance

Rob

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer options from jfk with toddler to downtown manhattan

I would use dial7 if you don't want to use the train

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,394 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer options from jfk with toddler to downtown manhattan

I take the train with my infant/almost toddler when I fly back into JFK. It's the safest method of travel. If you tell us where you're going, I can give you subway directions that will have as many elevators as possible. Are you bringing a stroller and/or carrier for your kid?

Dial 7 is a well regarded car service company, and they do provide car seats on request. Very few people post here about their experiences with car service car seats, so I don't have a lot to go on, other than that I know they supply them, and at least one poster here has successfully used them. I always worry about rental car seats, because you never know if they're going to be installed correctly, what their crash history is, if they've been recalled or expired, etc.

If you intend to travel by car to and from the airport, I would be inclined to bring my own car seat. You can get inexpensive, lightweight seats like a Cosco Scenera that travel well and install easily. I have a Combi Coccoro that I bought specifically because it's light, small enough for an airline seat, and can be used with a Snap 'n' Go base for easy airport travel. (We don't own a car, I use our car seat primarily in airplanes. We travel by subway the rest of the time.)

Let us know what else you need.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer options from jfk with toddler to downtown manhattan

Another vote for Dial 7 car service! They have always been affordable & reliable for my use!

4. Re: Transfer options from jfk with toddler to downtown manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 00:05
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer options from jfk with toddler to downtown manhattan

Reported yet again

dublin
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer options from jfk with toddler to downtown manhattan

Thanks to everybody who took the time to answer my query. Especially Brooklyn Bridge. Some really good points about the history of the car seat. Hadnt really thought about it before now.

We have decided to go with Dial 7. There customer service alone has been excellent so far. will post our experience when we get back.

Thanks again

7. Re: Transfer options from jfk with toddler to downtown manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 07:18