We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drake's Funny Bones -- where to buy in Midtown Manhattan?

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Drake's Funny Bones -- where to buy in Midtown Manhattan?

This may seem like a crazy question, but we are coming to NYC in August and plan on buying a bunch of boxes of Funny Bones (I LOVE THEM) if they are still available (I know they were made by Hostess but Little Debbie bought them out, it's been 2 years since our last trip). We have reservations at the Manhattan at Times Square, 790 7th Ave. currently, but that may change if we get a better hotel for the same or lower price on Priceline.

I tried searching Google for a locator, no such luck. We found them at the Food Emporium in the LES last time, but they weren't at the one on 43rd Street near the Little Pie Company.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,389 reviews
from US$36.00*
1. Re: Drake's Funny Bones -- where to buy in Midtown Manhattan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 19:34
Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drake's Funny Bones -- where to buy in Midtown Manhattan?

No Drake's products are being made at this time. McKee bought the closed plants and will restart production over the next few months.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drake's Funny Bones -- where to buy in Midtown Manhattan?

No wonder I can't find Devil Dogs!

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drake's Funny Bones -- where to buy in Midtown Manhattan?

Buying them online is expensive! I don't like them THAT much! I don't mind 5 minutes of ducking into a grocery store to get them while I'm in town. But, if they aren't being made, then poop.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,445 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drake's Funny Bones -- where to buy in Midtown Manhattan?

Do NOT by them online. Drakes was owned by Hostess who went out of business 8-10 (?) months ago. Anything you find online is old or fake.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drake's Funny Bones -- where to buy in Midtown Manhattan?

Hola.

We hear that Bimbo (a Mexican company, and the largest baking company in America) bought the assets and brands of Hostess and will soon be re-introducing the products.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drake's Funny Bones -- where to buy in Midtown Manhattan?

Bimbo bought the Hostess brand, not Drake's which, as noted above was purchased by McKee Foods, which is best known for the Little Debbie brand. There were actually 5 or 6 different sales of different parts of the company to multiple purchasers.

8. Re: Drake's Funny Bones -- where to buy in Midtown Manhattan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 06:20