We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation for 26 year old Solo traveller in manha

New Delhi
Level Contributor
180 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation for 26 year old Solo traveller in manha

So i am arriving NYC for the first time from India and would like to see the real new york, you know times square, WTC location, wall street stuff like that. Since i am 26, i don't mind very loud, tourist and happening places.

Bugdet around $100 to $150 a night, internet is must in room. Also, i am landing at 4:30 in the morning at EWR airport so i guess reaching hotel at 6 Am or so? Would love to take a room in hotel that would let me check in so early without paying extra. Landing from a 16 hour flight so a early check is actually a must.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation for 26 year old Solo traveller in manha

What are your dates?

That is an extremely low budget for Manhattan but you may get a room in a hostel. Alternatively, you may find a hotel in a more budget friendly area outside of Manhattan such as Long Island City, which is just a subway ride away.

You're won't find a place that will let you check in as early as 6am without charging you for the prior night. An early check in is usually a couple of hours before check in time, not first thing in the morning (when other guests haven't even checked out).

New Delhi
Level Contributor
180 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation for 26 year old Solo traveller in manha

Saturday and Sunday night, 18th and 19th... checking out early monday morning... any other happening area where hotels are cheap but easily accessible from main center of the city?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,805 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation for 26 year old Solo traveller in manha

Long Island City is a short subway ride away and is often recommended on here for cheaper accoms. You could try a search on the forum before the experts can offer help soon.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation for 26 year old Solo traveller in manha

If I was younger and on a budget, I would check out the Pod 39, Pod 51 and Jane hotels. They have shared bathrooms but are in a great condition. It is a step up from a hostel. I also had a colleague who stayed at the Chelsea lodge and had nothing but good things to say about it.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,771 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation for 26 year old Solo traveller in manha

1) Timing

THIS weekend? And you're just booking now with a very tight budget???? If you thought this would work in your favor, I doubt it.

2) Where

If you're arriving at Newark, staying in Long Island City makes no sense. I see you plan to take a train on Mon.. I would up your budget and stay in Manhattan.

3) When

The only way to be able to check into a room first thing in the morning is to pay for the room the night before and make sure to inform the hotel or hostel that's what you're doing.

I'd say at this point your best option would be to try bidding on Priceline.

6. Re: Hotel recommendation for 26 year old Solo traveller in manha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 05:18