We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC+ road trip 21 days september - help!

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
NYC+ road trip 21 days september - help!

Hiya

We are changing our plan . We are a couple 30 years of age , no kids that are planning to go on a trip to the east of USA + NYC for 21 days ( out of that 4 nights in NYC )

As the east coast is so vast we dont have a itinerary yet ,

I have a walking disability therefore we will be taking with a wheelchair and renting a car .

We would like the trip to combine rural and nature and not just cities

Does anyone have ideas about how to plan the 21 road trip . what are must sees and don'ts

( last year we did an West coast trip from Vegas - Yosemite - Bryce -SF - route 1 - Sandiego - LA - 25 days which was AMAZING )

this year I am finding it hard to plan the trip - about 20 years ago i went to NYC - orlando - canada - Niagara Yellowstone - but my partner has not been to the west coast at all )

How is the weather in september - should we be worried about hurricanes ?

Thanks for all your help

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC+ road trip 21 days september - help!

Have you booked your flights yet? As sometimes depending on what you want to see it could be easier to fly into Nyc and out of DC for example.

I'd recommend do all the cities together by public transport first as you don't want a car in these cities.... Too much hassle and expensive to park.

You can easily do Boston to NYC to Philly to dc all by a combo of rail and bus. You could do it either at the start or end of your trip.

Regarding rural places and small towns what do you want to see?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,351 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC+ road trip 21 days september - help!

The weather in September is some of the best weather of the year. It's rare that hurricanes get that far north with any type of strength, so not something to worry about.

You might consider a New England Road Trip. The Massachusetts and Boston forums has lots of existing discussions to help get you started.

3. Re: NYC+ road trip 21 days september - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 07:17