We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

Cheshire...
Level Contributor
323 posts
1 review
Save Topic
My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3unMobiFw

That is video of my car being abused by the workers at smartpark JFK. I am livid right now and in the process of looking into legal action. If anyone can help to advise me I would appreciate it. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

Cheshire...
Level Contributor
323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

I have spoke to a lawyer yes, we are in the process of deciding what route to take and waiting to hear back from the owner. Yes fuel cut is there to prevent damage, but why is it ok for a worker to rev my engine to that point where the car needs to cut my fuel off to save it from blowing up my engine? Maybe im out of line here?

Cheshire...
Level Contributor
323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

I respect everyones honest opinions for the record. I am just surprised. by them.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,273 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

You had no damages, so I'm not sure what you think is going to be accomplished by talking to a lawyer. You can't sue for emotional distress to your car.

I mean, it's a car lot. What, realistically, do you think happens to cars in car lots? It sounds like you didn't have any paint scratches, dents, or things stolen out of your car. If you want your car treated with kid gloves, you don't leave it in a lot. You leave it in your garage at home and you take the train to the airport.

Edited: 20 May 2013, 14:12
Cheshire...
Level Contributor
323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

So you are saying that if you owned this lot that this behavior is ok out of your employees and this is ok cuz "its just what happens at car lots" that's insane to me. I agree, next time I will find different transportation. Its just upsetting. Also my lawyer suggested having my oil tested for metal shavings and also getting a compression test done. Lawyers tend to find a way. I don't want a million dollars, I want a refund and an apology, and the person who did this to be fired.

Edited: 20 May 2013, 14:16
Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

honestly, not the right forum ....

please just take this up with your lawyer .... most of us here obviously can't relate to your problem ... it will only enhance your irritation ... let it go ....

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,273 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

I'm absolutely not saying that. You should bring it to the attention of the lot so they know that they have an employee training issue on their hands, I just think you're being incredibly melodramatic about the whole thing. And, honestly, if you're going to leave your car at a cheap lot, where the employees make minimum wage and don't stay very long and there's no incentive for repeat business and no training, having your engine revved is really minor compared to what could have happened.

Cheshire...
Level Contributor
323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

I agree with that last part. I have brought it to there attention and am looking forward to their response. I am not irritated with brooklynbridge, I respect his/her opinion. I am just frustrated with this situation. Maybe I am over reacting, but this is just how I feel about the situation. It could have been worse yes. Should have never happened though. Thanks again for the feedback!! I hope someone finds this all useful one day!!!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

How could it be "useful" to anyone???

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,273 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

Sean, it's a good reminder that car lots are not places to leave cars if you're going to be concerned about things like this.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: My car was ABUSED at SMARTPARK JFK. video inside

OK thanks.