We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a place to propose

lpr
n.b.
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a place to propose

We will be in New York City in October before cruising on the Breakaway, My son wants to propose to his girlfriend while in New York and none of us have ever been so would really like some good ideas as to where he should pop the question. Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a place to propose

There are countless threads on this very topic. Do a search on the forum. It is otherwise hard to advise without knowing anything specific about the couple.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 01:42
NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a place to propose

Hola.

From what we know about your travels, how about the Punta Cana restaurant in upper Manhattan, and for more information, see:

yelp.com/biz/punta-cana-restaurant-new-york

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a place to propose

1) Brooklyn Bridge

2) Empire State Building (they are open past midnight and the night time view is beautiful.)

3) Central Park Boat House

4) The Statue of Liberty

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a place to propose

Conservatory garden Central Park or whilst boating across the lake .... If she says no (which is unlikely in a boat as no escape route), throw her in

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,115 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a place to propose

I'd be concerned that the MIL is doing the research for this versus the groom! :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a place to propose

Me too.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a place to propose

Midspan on the Brooklyn Bridge. Botanical Gardens in the Bronx, or the Botanic Gardens in Brooklyn. Brooklyn Heights Promenade. Central Park. In addition, there are lots of fancy restaurants where this can be done.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a place to propose

Maybe the son isn't a member of TA so it was easier for his mum to ask here?

Anyway, I haven't been to NYC yet but I can imagine that a proposal whilst boating on the lake in Central Park would be very romantic. Or just whilst walking around Central Park. Personally I would find that more romantic than at the top of the ESB, which seems a bit cliche.

But if she's avaricious and more into the ring than the romance, in front of Tiffany's!

lpr
n.b.
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a place to propose

IrishFan, No reason for you to be concerned................We are all very close and it was my son's idea to propose either in New York or while on the Cruise, but he works away on the other side of the country right now from 6 in the morning till 6 at night and by the time he gets back to his camp "he works on the oil rigs he is exhausted" So you see his heart is in the right place. All I am doing is giving him some options which he shall pick from.. When we go on this Vacation he will have a well deserved month off and would like to propose at the beginning of the vacation. So sorry if you think this is of a concern but I don't...

Edited: 21 May 2013, 14:05
lpr
n.b.
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a place to propose

I want to thank everyone who has given their suggestions so far, I am making a list and I am hoping to be able to forward it to him by next week. Man they all sound so romantic he is going to have a difficult time to choose I'm sure!!! The way I figure it no matter where and how he choose's it will perfect ♥