We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's official! AirBNB is illegal!

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,250 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
It's official! AirBNB is illegal!

SO STOP ASKING ABOUT IT

fastcompany.com/3009953/where-are-they-now/a…

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's official! AirBNB is illegal!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6520265…

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: It's official! AirBNB is illegal!

Happy to hear this! It's about time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's official! AirBNB is illegal!

Airbnb is clearly a ripoff. There were a few occasions where I looked into the airbnb route in order to extend my trip and save some money. The amount these people charged for one night, I thought that was the price for the week. None of the advertised prices included taxes; in many cases it was cheaper to stay In a motel. Airbnb made it impossible to communicate with the hosts, clarify the price or amenities, or what happens if the accommodations are not a good fit. You have to pay for everything up front with a credit card. I'm not doing this with private individuals I don't even know; furthermore, I doubt airbnb would handle any complaints or shortcomings of the accommodations and thus wouldn't refund my money or find a more suitable place to stay. Anyplace that demands your credit card number before you can see the accommodations, talk to the hosts, etc is a bad sign and that's why I said to myself 'this is no good' from the start.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's official! AirBNB is illegal!

thanks for the article

5. Re: It's official! AirBNB is illegal!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 00:05
6. Re: It's official! AirBNB is illegal!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 07:17