We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Art Deco jewellers in NYC / Brooklyn

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Art Deco jewellers in NYC / Brooklyn

Hi,

My girlfriend loves Art Deco jewellry and I'm planning to propose to her while on holiday in New York next month.

Would really appreciate some recommendations for jewellers in the NYC/Brooklyn areas.

Thanks in advance

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Art Deco jewellers in NYC / Brooklyn

Try Kentshire Jewelries either inside Bergdorf Goodman or in their Madison Avenue Shop. Fred Leighton also on Mad Ave. may have things of interest as does Barney's once in a while. A good source would be to look at the website www.1stdibs.com under jewelry there's a Motherlode of info and not limited to NYC . Enjoy

Edited: 22 May 2013, 08:26
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Art Deco jewellers in NYC / Brooklyn

Doyle & Doyle is one good option and they have quite a few very nice rings on their website.

www.doyledoyle.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi…

They're downtown on the lower east side.

www.doyledoyle.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi…

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
3,700 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Art Deco jewellers in NYC / Brooklyn

Here's an idea: Macklowe Gallery 667 Madison Avenue near East 61st Street. This is very high end, and requires knowledge of prices to purchase intelligently. My point is that if you are looking at the real thing, estate jewelry, it's very hard to say precisely what is a good value, as opposed to just being a beautiful piece.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Art Deco jewellers in NYC / Brooklyn

When I was looking for an art deco engagement ring last year, I went to Israel Rose in the Diamond District. You can view their pieces and prices online. You'll want to make an appointment. They close early on Friday. They were very nice.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Art Deco jewellers in NYC / Brooklyn

Sylvia Pine's Uniquities

1102 Lexington Ave near 77th

She sells estate jewelry and custom handbags and has been there forever. This store is unique -- though I haven't been there in a few years this review review is accurate yelp.com/biz/sylvia-pines-uniquities-new-york

nymag.com/listings/…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Art Deco jewellers in NYC / Brooklyn

The Ralph Lauren flagship store on Madison Avenue has a vintage jewelry section with some lovely pieces.

7. Re: Art Deco jewellers in NYC / Brooklyn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 05:17