We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
558 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

Staying in Brooklyn. Supposed to take taxi from LaGuardia to Greenspoint. Flight canceled now landing Newark. Best transportation advice? PATH to Grand Central? 7 to Vernon Jackson? How do I get to PATH from airport? Thanks in advance!! What a day!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

Take the Airtrain (shuttle around the airport) to the Newark Airport NJ Transit Station. Take the train (frequent) to NY Penn Station for $12. Tell us where you're going in Brooklyn and we can give you options from Penn to there.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,941 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

PATH trains don't run to Grand Central and they don't run to Newark Airport. Where in Greenpoint are you going?

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
558 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

77 Box Street in Brooklyn.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,804 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

Just did a mapquest

I hope you realize its pretty far from the Subway

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
558 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

77 Box Street in Brooklyn

New York City
Level Contributor
4,804 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

I think its an industrial area. I was only there like once in my life. Newtown creek isnt exactly the Rivera

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

You're a bit far from the nearest subway station it looks like, but you could take an A/B/C or 1/2/3 train uptown one stop from Penn Station to 42nd St. Transfer there to the 7 train and take it Queens bound to Court Square. Transfer again there to the G and head to Brooklyn and the Greenspoint Av station.

I would do this but usually travelling light and don't mind walking. You could just get a cab from Penn directly to your destination.

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
558 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

I'm showing 10 minute walk across Pulaski Bridge

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
7,901 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

howardform, your information is outdated. What happened is that hipsters moved into that area VERY aggressively and 77 Box Street is the "Box House Hotel," which is an epicenter for a certain sort of Williamsburg/Greenpoint/Long Island City art/music person. It's industrial, but now it's "cool we're having a dance party" industrial rather than actual industrial or decaying industrial.

The Box House Hotel knows it is far from the subway and will send a shuttle to pick you up at nearby subway stations. Call (718) 383-3800 to arrange it. Otherwise, I'd agree with Scott that for your arrival, you should just take a yellow cab from Penn Station in Manhattan to the hotel.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,804 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help--LaGuardia cancelled now Newark

On the Long Island City side, its fairly deserted I dont even know if there are sidewalks (Some parts of LIC dont have sidewalks) Its very industrial and empty at night.

The Brooklyn side I dont know