We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in midtown?

CA
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Topic
hotels in midtown?

Anyone have any thoughts about Hotel Metro vs. Hilton Garden Inn West 35th St??? I've read many of the reviews here, but I'm wondering if anyone on this always helpful forum has any feedback about these two when they're put up against each other.

And the new Courtyard Marriott at Herald Square vs. these other two??? I know that's hard to say since there are no reviews or comments yet, but maybe someone has some thoughts anyhow.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,957 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in midtown?

Why do you want to stay in that area? When are you coming?

CA
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in midtown?

A few of us are coming mid-June for a few days. I got very good rates at those places many months ago, and now I'm not seeing any prices near that good. We've been to nyc many times, and based on the reasons we're coming, this area will be fine even though it's not our favorite.

Hope you have some input about these three. You are always SO helpful!

Thanks!

CA
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in midtown?

Hope I was clear in my last post...I actually have reservations for some of us at each of those places, but I might have an extra one or two that I don't need. That's why I want to decide which one(s) to keep and which one(s) to cancel.

Thanks again!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in midtown?

Hi can you please suggest a basic hotel with in 150$ or less in July last week very close to Macy's ..I will be there for 2 nights and want to buy ladies linen clothing before going to San Diego ..will shopping be cheaper in manhattan or San Diego for ladies casual wear,linen tops,foot wear and Estée Lauder skin care? Please advise...

Lancashire England
Level Contributor
209 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in midtown?

Hi Butterfly,

I'll try to give you a sensible answer.

I can completely recommend Hotel Metro, we stayed there for two weeks late May early June and was superb.

All you can eat breakfast was included in the price with tea and coffee available all day.

Very convenient for the BDFM and the NQR subway lines.

Easy walking distance to a lot of the most famous sites in NYC.

Have a great time.

Les

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in midtown?

coldparis--you need to start a new question so you will get an answer more readily, rather than insert your question into someone else's thread.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in midtown?

Ok many thanks!

i posted a new question and hope to get all points answered !

Hi can you please suggest a basic hotel with in 150$ or less in July last week very close to Macy's ..I will be there for 2 nights and want to buy ladies linen clothing before going to San Diego ..will shopping be cheaper in manhattan or San Diego for ladies casual wear,linen tops,foot wear and Estée Lauder skin care? Please advise...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,957 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels in midtown?

As I recall the new Courtyard is opening on June 1 and hotels often open late so depending on when you're visiting, you might want to take that into consideration. The other 2 are fine. The Metro is older, that Hilton Garden Inn looks like any other chain hotel (imo). There are photos you can look at on "travelers photos" on the review pages here.

One of the nicest chain hotels in the Penn station area is the Holiday Inn on west 31 st.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d1940859…

CA
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels in midtown?

Thanks for all the info. Maybe I'll wait a week or so to see what happens with the new hotel and then make my decisions. Thanks again!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,957 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels in midtown?

I suggest you book a cancelable rate NOW for at least one of these in case prices start creeping up.