We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenwich Village outside eatery..?

england
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Greenwich Village outside eatery..?

We are looking for somewhere to spend an idol hour with a spot of lunch, that has outside tables. Love people watching and cant imagine anywhere much better to indulge in a favourite past time..

Any suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenwich Village outside eatery..?

Welcome to my favorite pass time.

One of my favorite spots is a cash only place called Bar Pitti on Sixth Avenue just south of Bleecker Street. Da Silvano is next door - not as good but they take credit cards. Across the street are two new restaurants I haven't tried yet. Shame you only have an hour - I can spend days just sitting there.

Second Avenue is another avenue where you can dine al fresco and watch the world go by. There are a ton of good restaurants between Houston Street and 14th Street.

I'm also a huge fan of taking my laptop, iPad, iPhone (also known as my mobile communications command center) and sitting in the garden of various coffee shops. Williamsburg has some amazing coffee places where you can spend a full day with iced tea and just get your work done.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenwich Village outside eatery..?

Hola.

For people watching we can highly recommend the Caffe Reggiio located at 119 MacDougal Street, a little south of Washington Sq Park in the heart of the Village. This place has been around for 85+ years and we first started going there for our cappuccinos in 1970. For more information, see: http://www.caffereggio.com

We can also recommend the Union Sq Cafe at 21 E.16th Street which is not exactly in the Village but it is nearby and it has outdoor tables situated right across the street from the Union Sq Market and offers great people watching. For more information, see: http://unionsquarecafe.com

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Edited: 25 May 2013, 21:54
england
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greenwich Village outside eatery..?

Thank you..might even stretch that hour to an afternoon.!

You make it sound so good... :)

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greenwich Village outside eatery..?

Since when does Union Square Café have outdoor seating?

Blue Water Grill has lovely outdoor seating along East 16th Street near Union Square Park. Opposite side of 16th Street is Coffee Shop and they have lovely outdoor seating - great for people watching. Union Square Café is Danny Meyer's restaurant and to the best of my knowledge they've never had outdoor seating.

Another great place for an outdoor gelato or dessert is another cash only place - Caffe Dante at 79-81 Macdougal Street in Greenwich Village. www.caffe-dante.com/‎

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greenwich Village outside eatery..?

Hola.

Oh my "Yes", Union Sq Café has no outdoor seating. We had been referring to the Union Sq Coffee Shop at the corner of 16th St & Union Sq West ("senior moment" ☺ ) less than a half block east of the Cafe. The Coffee Shop has most of the outdoor seating on that side of the block, including tables just across the street from the Union Sq Market….with perhaps, the best people watching in NYC, For more information:

http://thecoffeeshopnyc.com

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greenwich Village outside eatery..?

If you just want a light meal or drinks and looking for something truly inside the village, go to Sant Ambroeus on West 4th and Perry Street, far from the rush of traffic and in the midst of the prettiness of the area.

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greenwich Village outside eatery..?

A very nice spot for a glass of wine outside is Tarallucci e Vino. They have three locations.

The one on the Upper West Side and the one on East 18th Street near Union Square are both lovely.

taralluccievino.net/‎

8. Re: Greenwich Village outside eatery..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 05:16