We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel advice needed please

Oban, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
hotel advice needed please

Hi me and my girlfriend are coming over to New York for the 1st time on Thursday the 29th of August for 4 nights, the flights are already booked but we are having trouble deciding on a hotel. We have a budget of £1000 for a nice hotel but would like to spend less if possible. Was thinking of the Times Square area but would consider somewhere else for the right hotel / price. Thank You Tam.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel advice needed please

I think Kayak.com may have some good deals from what I have seen from destination experts. Im guessing 1000 is for the 4 nights? So that is 250 a night. You gave me the euro so Im thinking the euro is slightly stronger here in The U.S. I think you could find some good deals, however I think NYC has pretty high hotel prices during the summer:) Times Square is great if you REALLY want to be a part of it all. I personally like the DoubleTree guest suites on 50th street but that runs 458-500usd a night and The W is around 358 usd per night in Times Square. Look in areas like SoHo, Upper East/Upper west side and Long Island city for slightly lower prices. I think you can find some stuff in Chelsea, THE GEM Hotel SOHO has rooms for 200usd a night. Soho is beautiful and a great shopping area:) Good Luck

Oban, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel advice needed please

hi Jamilla, the price is in British pounds so that would be roughly $1500 for the 4 nights. Will have a look at the hotels you mentioned. Thank You, Tam

3. Re: hotel advice needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:17