We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

Manchester
Level Contributor
373 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

Good Evening\Morning!

I have booked 2 tickets to see the Brooklyn Cyclones in August and the tickets have 7pm on them. Is this the time of "bat-off" in British terms or the time the gates open and what time should I arrive at the stadium.

I understand the Cyclones are a Minor League time so do they only play local teams as on my night they are playing the Tri-City Kats.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

The Tri City Cats are not local. They are from Troy, New York which is about 150 miles north of NYC. The time on the ticket is when the game begins. Just guessing, but the gates probably open about an hour earlier.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,244 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

It's the game start time. Gates open earlier.

The Cyclones are in the NY-Penn league, which is made up of northeastern teams. That's who they play. Albany isn't "local," though. It's pretty far away.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

you will enjoy the cyclones - I like going there more than yankee stadium!! its more of a "real" baseball experience. have fun! I'd arrive around 6:40 to soak up some of atmosphere and get settled in. take a stroll on the boardwalk afterwards.

Manchester
Level Contributor
373 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

Thanks for all your replies. I am really looking forward to going to a baseball game!

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,405 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

We took the subway to Brighton Beach, walked around there for a bit, then walked down the boardwalk to the stadium which is directly on the boardwalk. It's about a 15 min. stroll from Brighton Beach which was quite enjoyable and wonderful for people watching. You'll have a good time at the game...lots of silly stuff going on between innings!

Nathan's famous hot dogs is right by the stadium....nice pre-game snack ;))

Manchester
Level Contributor
373 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

Another silly question!

How long does the game last?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

3 hours - maybe longer, maybe shorter

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

Here in Albany (and Troy, hometown of the Valley Cats), we like to consider ourselves "local" to New York City. Some people commute to NYC for work. In New York City, everyone thinks Albany is the end of the earth. :)

Minor league games are a lot of fun. Baseball games last a long time -- if you are not a big fan, you really do not need to stay for the whole game. I attend a couple Valley Cats games here upstate every summer, and only stay until the end when my kids insist and there are fireworks. I would get there 1/2 an hour or so before the game starts, and then leave when you have had enough.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,244 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

It's nothing against Albany, I love Albany. But I don't consider Philadelphia local either, and it's closer to Brooklyn than Albany is.

10. Re: Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:17