We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel fro JFK to Albany

Jamaica
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel fro JFK to Albany

So i arrive at JFK, howm do i reach Albany from the Airport.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,974 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel fro JFK to Albany

There's nothing direct from the airport. You need to go into Manhattan for a train or a bus. You can take the Airtrain at the airport to Jamaica Queens. Change for either a Long Island Railroad train to Penn station or the E train subway (a bit cheaper but takes longer) to Penn station. At Penn station, you'd take an Amtrak.com

train to Albany. There are Metro North commuter trains that go close to Albany that are less expensive but you'd need someone to pick you up there. I think the stop is Wassaic.

There are also several bus companies (Greyhound, Trailways, Gotobus) that go to Albany for a lot less money. The train is typically faster, more reliable (not subject to traffic) and more comfortable. The buses leave from different locations depending which one you take.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel fro JFK to Albany

Check Amtrak's schedules on www.amtrak.com

Amtrak connects New York Penn Station with Albany. Trains are fast and reliable.

The JFK AirTrain connects the airport with Jamaica. The Long Island Rail Road (commuter trains) and the E train (subway) connect Jamaica with New York Penn Station.

3. Re: Travel fro JFK to Albany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:17