We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Tenement Museum tour for 10-year-old?

Carbonear, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best Tenement Museum tour for 10-year-old?

I notice Sweatshop Workers and Hard Times are both noted as suitable for 8+ years. Just wondering your opinions on which one is more enjoyable/interesting for a 10-year-old girl? Thanks!

Level Contributor
2,551 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Tenement Museum tour for 10-year-old?

We did the new Shop life tour with our 11 year old and she enjoyed it.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Tenement Museum tour for 10-year-old?

We did Meet Victoria Confino with our 6 and 9 year old boys. They liked it and it was age appropriate.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Tenement Museum tour for 10-year-old?

I think any of the tours would be good for kids, the one I did had kids on it (can't recall which one but it wasn't any of the already mentioned) and they seemed to enjoy it. The tour guide involves them and kids just like looking, learning and climbing stairs etc.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Tenement Museum tour for 10-year-old?

Historically speaking, some data suggests that In the early 1800's, kids between 7-12 comprised as much as 1/3 of the American workforce.....some of those sweatshops probably had children of your daughter's age as "employees". A good history lesson, no?

CH

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Tenement Museum tour for 10-year-old?

Many of the tours seem geared to kids, and to class trips. The tour leader has a routine, and a set of question for group discussion that reminded me of a 4th grade field trip. 4th grade is just about 10 years old.

Carbonear, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Tenement Museum tour for 10-year-old?

Thanks folks! I was actually leaning towards the Sweatshop tour and so I think that's the one we'll book, thanks!

7. Re: Best Tenement Museum tour for 10-year-old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 05:17