We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with choosing Broadway Show

Florida Keys
Level Contributor
28 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Help with choosing Broadway Show

I am taking my husband to NY for his birthday and this is his first trip. I want to see a show although my husband is not into the theater. Can anyone suggest a fun show for us to see that he might enjoy? Thanks for the suggestions!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with choosing Broadway Show

I wouldn't spend all that money for a show if he is not into theater. Find out when Book of Mormon is playing. Enter the lottery. Go across the street to E & E's Grillhouse for a drink. Come back and see if you won. If you did, go back to the bar for a casual dinner. If not, either settle in for a full dinner or walk over to TKTS and see what is available.

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2013/06/hello-my-nam…

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with choosing Broadway Show

Hard to say without knowing your interests, etc. We saw Annie and Wicked and loved both. Wicked, though, was a whole different level with the set and the special effects, plus Annie was a lot of screaming kids so I don't think it fits the bill for you.

Dying to see Book of Mormon, it's next on my list.

AM13

HaZore'a, Israel
Level Contributor
88 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with choosing Broadway Show

There really is nothing like the Lion King from my experience. It has that WOW effect.

4. Re: Help with choosing Broadway Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:17