We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve 2014/15 - Booking Accommodation Now???

Bendigo Victoria
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve 2014/15 - Booking Accommodation Now???

Hi, yes I know its early days but have just booked to sail from New York on the new Rhapsody of the Seas ship - Quantum of the Seas on 3rd Jan 2015 so naturally we would love to spend New Years in New York.

There will be 8 of us, 4 Adults and 4 older teenagers (19 yrs) so would be looking at holiday rental accommodation to get the best deal. Does anyone know how far in advance I would have to book?

Any suggestions for accommodation that is not necessarily right in the centre of Manhatten as we are all quite fit and capable of walking so 10 minutes out would be ok.

Also, not knowing much about that side of the US, what other places should we look at visiting, e.g. Washington?

Thanks in advance

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve 2014/15 - Booking Accommodation Now???

For New Year's Eve is not too early to book directly w hotel u want

Not sure if prices will change w time, de finely closer to the date u will pay more

Priceline, Expedia or hotel.com the area u interested in

In my past experience midtown east is a little less than west

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,261 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve 2014/15 - Booking Accommodation Now???

Vacation apartments are generally illegal in New York City, and any that claim they sleep eight are likely scams. There is also no true "center" to New York City, so you'll need to revise your requirements. Regardless, you're looking almost a year too early.

Bendigo Victoria
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve 2014/15 - Booking Accommodation Now???

No worries, thanks for the above recommendations

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
890 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve 2014/15 - Booking Accommodation Now???

I booked my hotel for NYE 2013/14 in about February of this year. What I found was that some hotels were already booked up (I assume travel agents block book rooms early for their package deals) and others hadn't released prices to the various discount sites (because of the potential to fill rooms with full paying customers).

We are planning a day trip to Niagara Falls, so that's do-able from NYC (1.5 hr flight to/from Buffalo), but I was also interested in a day trip to Washington which is a few hours on the train (couldn't convince the other half though, unfortunately!)

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,261 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve 2014/15 - Booking Accommodation Now???

FYI, It's more likely that hotels weren't taking bookings yet than that they were fully booked.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
890 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve 2014/15 - Booking Accommodation Now???

@BrooklynBridge, that does make more sense doesn't it? Thanks :D

Bendigo Victoria
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve 2014/15 - Booking Accommodation Now???

Thanks Lyndsey for your info, might have to look at doing Niagra Falls ourselves!

8. Re: New Years Eve 2014/15 - Booking Accommodation Now???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:16