We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast eateries near Renaissance Hotel 57

niagara falls canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Topic
Breakfast eateries near Renaissance Hotel 57

Hi everyone, We are thrilled to be coming back to NYC. It has been too long :) We are arriving July 19 , staying at the Renaissance Hotel 57 at 130 East 57th Street. We have not stayed in this area of the city before so I am unfamiliar. Could you recommend a breakfast place in the area? Thanks so much. Have a great day.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,400 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast eateries near Renaissance Hotel 57

The Palace is just down the block.

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/palace/

Midtown is a few blocks south

menupages.com/restaurants/midtown-restaurant/

There's a Le Pain Quotidien on Lexington & 64th st. Good coffee and pastry.

menupages.com/restaurants/…

niagara falls canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast eateries near Renaissance Hotel 57

Thank you very much Nywhiz, once again you have come through with some great information. How did I forget about the menupages?

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast eateries near Renaissance Hotel 57

We stayed there last year on a package deal that included breakfast, so we ate in the hotel restaurant each day. Their breakfast was very, very good and I have since come to understand that the restaurant is privately owned, not run by the hotel.

FYI, the hotel was also quite nice with very attentive staff.

San Frantastic
Level Contributor
947 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast eateries near Renaissance Hotel 57

You are staying at my favorite NYC hotel! You will love it - everyone there is so nice. (Tip: if you want your room cleaned early, you need to call housekeeping in the morning to request it. This is a new development. And coming home after a long day of sight-seeing to a dirty room is not cool.)

The restaurant in the hotel is not bad, but I think it's more fun to try new places. (If Francis is behind the bar, have one of his Bloody Mary's!) I was just there last weekend, and here are some research results I found:

1. This place was good: nymag.com/listings/…

Not as kitshy as some TA reviews suggest. Very good --- and big -- breakfasts, plus fresh pressed juices in yummy flavors. Great service! A bit of a stroll, but it I could walk that far before breakfast, anyone can. :-)

2. I didn't make it to this place, but it was recommended by the concierge at the W*, specifically for breakfast: nymag.com/listings/restaurant/le-bateau-ivre/

3. Ess-a-Bagel at 831 3rd Avenue: I actually go here at least once every time I am at the Ren 57. On the weekends, there will be a line, but it's worth it for a bagel so big and yummy that it'll hold you 'til lunch. Plus, you get the "authentic Jewish NY deli" experience. :-)

*it was the weekend, and the awesome Ren 57 concierge named Geoffrey (he rules!) was off -- his counterpart was not as awesome, so I out-sourced some of my concierge questions that weekend.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,400 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast eateries near Renaissance Hotel 57

Just a heads up, the first place mentioned by Grenadine is not near the hotel at all. It's all the way west. Bateaux Ivre is a good idea and it reminds me the Smith midtown also serves b/f.

http://www.thesmithnyc.com/

niagara falls canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast eateries near Renaissance Hotel 57

Thanks so much for all the replies. It has been a year since our last visit and I am beyond super excited to be coming back. I look forward to staying in a new area and exploring part of the city that we have not yet seen. It has been so long that as I am researching Broadway Shows, I am at a total loss :) But, research and planning what to spontaneously do is half the fun.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,400 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast eateries near Renaissance Hotel 57

When you say the hotel is in an area you haven't seen, my guess is you have. It's not far from Bloomingdales. Teodora is a cute small Italian restaurant nearby. Brio near Bloomingdales has good pizza. Two excellent brunch places not far from the hotel are Park Avenue Spring and David Burke's Townhouse. Both are a bit upscale but offer a lot of food for the price and nice atmosphere. You can walk to the Frick Museum from both.

frick.org

8. Re: Breakfast eateries near Renaissance Hotel 57

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:16