We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

Hi my friend and I will be flying to NY for the boxing day sale and will be planning to stay at the hotel near the outlet to save on travel cost to and fro from the city. We are wondering how long the boxing day sale last? Is it just on 26 Dec or does the sale extend for a couple of days? Also, do we need to queue hours before the shop opens?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
18,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

Post Christmas sales last a while and the first day (anywhere you shop) tends to be madness.

There can be extended hours, Woodbury seems to be opening 2 hours early

www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/hours.asp?id=7

There are bus services from Manhattan (search this forum for specifics)

P.S. the U.S. doesn't have Boxing Day.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

In the US it's "the day after Christmas" sale. Not Boxing Day. While many ppl in the US have now heard of Boxing Day (many more ppl travel now and there is so much more social media) they may not recognize your asking about Boxing Day sales. We have sales all the time now. The sales after Cmas will probably last a week. But, it varies from store to store.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

I would not really stay at a hotel near Woodbury. The bus ride is very easy from Port Authority and getting to/from any airport is difficult from that area(unless you have a private jet and are landing at Stewart Airport.)

The sale will last several days after Christmas. As stated, we don't have Boxing Day. You do not have to queue....except when there specific stores have a lot of traffic: Uggs/Coach.

Stores open at specific times during and after the holiday and they open on time...

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

Thanks for the comments, we have decided to stay in Manhattan and take the bus to the outlet

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
41 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

hello vbooking then you have understood better if December 26 to woodburny there is usually a lot of people from doing hours of tail? I also wanted to go December 26, but I'm afraid to find too many people ...

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

**I also wanted to go December 26, but I'm afraid to find too many people ...**

Dec 26 is a Thursday. Woodbury has sales...but it's not one of their bigger sales dates IMO. It will be crowded..but not Black Friday crowded.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,889 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

Outlet malls claim to have everything at a discounted price all year 'round. The day after Xmas may not be anything special at Woodbury Outlets. It might be better if you went to a couple of department stores (like Macys) or the regular stores on 5th or Madison Avenues in NYC itself after Xmas; of course the larger stores will be even more crowded than you can imagine. Maybe the 27th or 28th of December would be better choices. Of course, for the fun of going to an outlet mall, you can still go to Woodbury Outlets and see what they have, but the prices might not be discounted all that much.

In much of Europe and possibly Singapore, the government chooses when things can be discounted, and what the store hours are. Not so in the U.S., here they can do whatever they want; things are discounted after Xmas because they didn't sell everything they expected to sell. In recent years, stores have had random sales periods during December to pique people's interest. It's not as rigid as the January sales in Paris or London or Frankfurt.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
41 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

December 26 then it should not be crowded? and recall of not finding great bargains? I will be in Manhattan from December 25 to 30 ... one day among these I want to go to the outlet woodbury .... do not you?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

If you want to go in Dec 26, go. It should

be the usual WC crowd and bargains.

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: boxing day sale in woodbury common outlet in NY

Thanks, we will be visiting the outlet on 26dec and heading over to the department stores the following days whilst in Manhattan.