We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celbrating My Birthday in New York

St-lambert
Level Contributor
890 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Celbrating My Birthday in New York

Hello

I will be in New York (Manhattan) , on my birthday wich is June 26th on a Wednesday, I will be a year younger then 50, so I would like to spoil myself all day long, like breakfast, lunch, diner and nightlife.

Let's say budget is not a problem. I like wine bar, steak, Italian, restaurant where can eat at the bar section. Funny activities to do during the day. Any suggestion is more than welcome.

Merci in Advance

Sylvain

St-lambert
Level Contributor
890 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celbrating My Birthday in New York

Hello

Anyone please.

Merci

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
12,529 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Celbrating My Birthday in New York

Spa?

www.blissworld.com/spa/spa-menu/spa-services/

Ireland
Level Contributor
450 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celbrating My Birthday in New York

Maybe flute for a nice glass of champagne www.flutebar.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,556 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celbrating My Birthday in New York

As budget is not a problem, i'd shop till I dropped and then go for a grand dinner.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Celbrating My Birthday in New York

Go to the Plaza for tea......and a yummy birthday treat!!! ALSO....tell EVERYONE that it is your birthday!!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Celbrating My Birthday in New York

Will you be here alone? Is that why you want to eat at the bar? Gramercy Tavern has a beautiful front room with several tables and a gorgeous long bar; you can eat at either. Another restaurant pretty much across the street, Veritas, is a great place to eat at the bar. The bartenders are friendly and the patrons - singles and couples eating at the bar - have been very cordial in my experience. Also in the Flatiron District, ABC Kitchen has a lively bar area. (Note that at both Gramercy Tavern and ABC Kitchen, you might have to wait for a spot during prime hours, less likely at Veritas).

http://www.gramercytavern.com/

http://www.veritas-nyc.com/

http://www.abckitchennyc.com/

Also, Flute got a mention above - it's next door to Gramercy Tavern. Not the best place for a single person to hang out, IMO, but if you're right there you can check it out. You might prefer Mari Vanna across the street (next door to Veritas), which has lovely infused vodkas, dozens of them. :)

Hope you enjoy your birthday!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Celbrating My Birthday in New York

another spot for a glass of bubbles is the bar the Mandarin Oriental in Columbus Circle..lovely views and great service.

For my 50th we spent the day in the Met including brunch in the Member's Dining Room up on the 4th Floor. Then we went to Per Se for dinner and it was incredible.

Another lovely spot with a view is the cafe up on the 7th Floor of Bergdorf Goodman...great afternoon tea and lovely views over the Plaza and the SE corner of Central Park.

I really agree about telling everyone that it's your birthday!!

St-lambert
Level Contributor
890 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Celbrating My Birthday in New York

Bonsoir

Tk's to all for your input. I took note of it. And yes I'll be travelling solo.

Merci

Sylvain

9. Re: Celbrating My Birthday in New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 06:16