We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East River Ferry Charge

Gloucester
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
East River Ferry Charge

Hi, I'm planning on riding the East River Ferry from 34th St to Dumbo but I'm not sure how much this will cost. On the website, it says that one journey is $4 but I wonder if this is $4 per stop? Please could someone confirm this for me? The website isn't explicit about this. If I can get from 34th St to Dumbo for $4 this would be excellent value for money and would definitely use the ferry to take a scenic route to Brooklyn Bridge :)

Many thanks.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East River Ferry Charge

Yes. 34th to Dumbo is $4.

You will then need to pay $4 on the return or take the subway/walk over the bridge.

staten island
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East River Ferry Charge

It's $4 one way from 34th St. to Dumbo.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East River Ferry Charge

Ah, that's brilliant! What good value for money! Thanks for your replies :)

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,256 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East River Ferry Charge

If you decide to ride the ferry from Brooklyn to 34th Street the ticket machine is located across the sidewalk from the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,191 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: East River Ferry Charge

The ferry was really great, I enjoyed seeing so much of the city from it. There is a day pass for about $11. We hopped around a bit, including down to the Seaport and the Brooklyn Flea in Williamsburg. We basically spent a day travelling around on the ferry.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: East River Ferry Charge

Good idea!

7. Re: East River Ferry Charge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 06:16