We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning NYC to Newark Airport transport

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning NYC to Newark Airport transport

Need to be at Terminal B, Newark Airport by 6am Friday 14 June (for a 0745 international flight).

Hotel is on West 44th Street.

Looks like we can do it - subway from 42 St / Port Authority to Penn Station, 0521 train to Newark Airport Railroad and then the Airtrain to Terminal B for 6am.

Would you experts advise it at that time in the morning? Do the subway and NJ Transit trains run reliably at that time in the morning?

Should I just take a cab all the way? Money is not a major issue compared to risk of missing an international flight.

Appreciate any advice - thanks.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning NYC to Newark Airport transport

Taxi...

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,331 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning NYC to Newark Airport transport

I would take the train, they run very reliably at all times. That said, if money is no object, there won't be much traffic at that time of day, and aside from being more expensive there's nothing wrong with taking a cab if you prefer that.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,728 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning NYC to Newark Airport transport

I'd book a car service like

Dial7.com

Cost the same or less than a taxi; will arrive when you need it (or maybe earlier).

Belfast
Level Contributor
506 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning NYC to Newark Airport transport

The airport bus has been getting a bad press of late but I found it to be easier than the train. You can catch it from 42nd street which would be convenient to your hotel and as others say the traffic will be quiet at that time,

www.coachusa.com/olympia/ss.newarkairport.asp

Edited: 13 June 2013, 14:10
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning NYC to Newark Airport transport

Vote for train. If I was a betting man, I would think the odds of the trains running on time reliably are greater than the vagaries that traffic can create. Traffic SHOULD be light then, but what if it's not?

And just wondering, I thought the rule of thumb on international flights was to arrive 3 hours early? Is your time frame enough?

6. Re: Early morning NYC to Newark Airport transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 06:17