We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Parker Meridien

Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
661 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Le Parker Meridien

Has anyone who posts to the forum stayed at Le Parker Meridien recently? I have a non-refundable reservation there after getting a good deal on Jetsetter, and this review makes me worried: tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS. (called “Nowhere else you'd rather stay at in NYC.”)

I am looking for some honest feedback about the hotel. This review just strikes me as a fake, and I'm now worried that the hotel I am stuck at is posting fictitious positive reviews to boost its rating. I obviously have no way of knowing if it genuine or not, but again, it does not seem to be written by a tourist in my opinion. Any real-life info about this hotel for me please? Thank you!

Edited: 16 June 2013, 15:12
Ohio
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Parker Meridien

You really have to take the reviews with a grain of salt.. No one is going to be pleased 100% of the time. The review you pointed out does read a bit like an advertisement but I wouldn't let that put you off. I remember worrying before our first trip when a bad review popped up on the hotel we were staying in. We had a wonderful trip in a great hotel.

Since it's non-refundable I'd just relax and go with the flow. The hotel is well regarded and you'll be fine.

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Parker Meridien

You might consider joining Starwood Preferred Guest program and make your membership known

before and at check-in with the possibility of getting one of the better rooms. If you are there in summer

the rooftop pool is a bonus. Also, Meridien's tend to be very well run and are considered upscale hotels.

When I was there we were in a two bedroom suite which was quite nice.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,749 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Parker Meridien

It is a very legitimate hotel. I see no reason to worry just because you saw an 100% positive review. Haven't stayed there in a few years but would have no qualms as it has a good reputation to maintain, excellent location, four stars. Go for it.

Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
661 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Parker Meridien

Thanks for everyone's advice (which was very similar to what my husband told me!). I will just look forward to the trip and the hotel, because there's nothing to be done about it now anyway. I'm sure our stay will be just fine. I will also take the suggestion to join Starwood Preferred Guest program now.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,749 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Parker Meridien

It's part of the Starwood group and they maintain great hotels. No need to even worry.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Parker Meridien

Read the independent review and look at the reviewer's photos on Oyster:

oyster.com/new-york-city/…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
278 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Parker Meridien

Make sure you go to Burger Joint. It's hidden behind the red curtain in the lobby of the hotel and the burgers are amazing!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,853 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Parker Meridien

So let me get this straight...you're worried because it gets GOOD reviews?

Sometimes they do tend to raise one's expectations, but just go in expecting a nice, normal hotel experience and hopefully they'll surprise you to the better.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Parker Meridien

**So let me get this straight...you're worried because it gets GOOD reviews?**

Ha^^^.

Maryland
Level Contributor
72 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Parker Meridien

I stayed there a year or so ago and it's just fine...go and have a wonderful time. I just got home from a long week-end in NYC and think your only concern will be how to work in all the wonderful things to see, do and eat...LOL

The suggestion to join SPG is a great one...do it so you can start earning points, etc!!