We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Newbies to New York Easter 2014

Pytchley
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
3 Newbies to New York Easter 2014

Hi

I'm trying to plan a special 3 nighter to New York with my 2 daughters at Easter next year to celebrate big birthdays, but there are only 3 of us so wondering where to stay centrally, where everything is easily accessible for sightseeing etc. Looking for a 4* hotel or apartment (preferably) with 3 beds as we're all adults. Don't know where to start as most hotels seem to offer 2 double beds max.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
409 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Newbies to New York Easter 2014

Hi

Take a look at Best Western Hospitality House. They have a 2 bedroom apartment with a double bed and 2 twin beds, think it has a kitchen and I think it does breakfast. Radio City Apartments maybe worth a look as well. I have booked Murray Hill East Suites for my family in October as the others were more expensive and I figured we weren't going to be in our rooms for that long. I booked a 2 bedroom apartment with them .

Enjoy planning your trip!

Ireland
Level Contributor
453 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Newbies to New York Easter 2014

Whilst radio city apartments wouldn't go near the 4 star level, I would definitely recommend. Great central location and spotlessly clean. You could book a one bed apartment with two beds plus sofa bed in sitting room. Apartments with two queens rather than two doubles, in my experience, have been a good bit bigger.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Newbies to New York Easter 2014

I too am heading to NYC in April next year over easter for a week. Am looking for similar but hard to work out rates and availability this far out. Keen to follw this post and see what becomes available..have looked at the murray hill suites online a few times so am very interested to see how they are in terms of comfort. I too am looking for something with two doubles or at least a double and a sofa and due to my jet lag snoring my wife will appreciate a one bedroom if there is a door to close. Have been looking at the Marmora near Central Park too..but work on the new subway may be more noisy than me. There are three of us too so keen to hear how everyone progresses!!! Mark Syd Aust

Northeast us
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Newbies to New York Easter 2014

Just to be clear, the posters here are talking about hotels that have apartment size accommodations,

Rentals of actual apartments for less than 30 days is mostly illegal in NYC. See the FAQ

"Vacation Apartment Rentals Violate NYC Laws"

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Newbies to New York Easter 2014

the Wolcott is one hotel that offers a triple bed room . Well located close to 5th Ave , transport , Macy's, Times Square. They also have a 2 room junior suite for those wanting a separate bedroom / sitting areas

http://www.wolcott.com/roomsmain.html

Edited: 20 July 2013, 03:22
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Newbies to New York Easter 2014

pattowyongah, There are LOTS of hotels with two double beds and quite a few with two queens. That's good news for you!

I suggest you start a new thread. The OP was looking for three separate beds in 4 star accommodations. Your needs are much simpler. Include your target budget and exact dates you may get some great suggestions and advise.

Edited: 20 July 2013, 05:36
7. Re: 3 Newbies to New York Easter 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:16