We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions about this 3 day itinerary?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Opinions about this 3 day itinerary?

Hi forum. I had such good luck using TA's users advice planning a Paris trip, I decided to use y'all again planning a trip to NYC. It's 2 single 30-somethings going up for the Timberlake/Jay Z concert at Yankee stadium on July 21st. So we are heading up Thursday, landing at noon and then heading back to Houston Sunday at noon. We want to get the most out of our trip but not be so scheduled that we can't relax, people watch and adjust should we be having too much fun where we are. Neither of us care too much about shopping. So based in what I've read on the forum, here's what we came up with:

Thursday-land at noon and check in at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. We have tickets to Wicked at 8pm so we thought we stay in that area and hit TOTR, take the NBC tour and check out Times Square and Rockefeller Center while grabbing a late lunch somewhere. Would you recommend dinner before or after the show and if so where?

Friday-neither of us are crazy get up early travelers so no Today show stuff for us. We want to take the 10:30 Free tour by foot of Soho/Chinatown/Little Italy which is 2 hours. Then catch the 1:30 Circle line 42 2 hour tour around NY and SOL. Then we wanted to do the Free tour on foot of Central Park at sunset that starts at 6pm. The night is then open for dinner and going out. I've read great things about Buddaken but we are open to all suggestions and want one nice dinner out plus a bar or club, not too difficult to get in to for a girls' night out. I've read about Webster Hall, Canal Room and several hotel rooftop bars.

Saturday-we thought we'd grab some coffee and then do the walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and then head the the Met Museum. I know you can spend days there but we just don't have it. I thought I'd look up the pieces I really want to see and plan ahead. Then we'd head over to the 9/11 Memorial. By then we'll have to head back and get ready as the concert is at 7pm at Yankee stadium.

What do you think? Enough time to get everywhere? Anything we are totally missing? All food and bar recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions about this 3 day itinerary?

Just a quick comment about Saturday...you should plan to visit the 911 Memorial while you're in lower Manhattan walking the bridge...no need to back track all the way back up to the Met and then go back downtown. In my opinion that would be a waste of your valuable time. Couple of places that we enjoyed for dinner were Becco (very close to theaters & TImes Square), and Minetta Tavern. We also enjoyed lunch at the Meatball Shop!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions about this 3 day itinerary?

Thanks so much. That is very helpful!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,939 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions about this 3 day itinerary?

Friday-neither of us are crazy get up early travelers so no Today show stuff for us. We want to take the 10:30 Free tour by foot of Soho/Chinatown/Little Italy which is 2 hours.

I think you'll have a hard time getting between these 2 events and on to the boat unless you are spending lots of taxi money.

Then catch the 1:30 Circle line 42 2 hour tour around NY and SOL.

From here to Central Park depending on where the tour starts is doable.

Then we wanted to do the Free tour on foot of Central Park at sunset that starts at 6pm. The night is then open for dinner and going out. I've read great things about Buddaken but we are open to all suggestions and want one nice dinner out plus a bar or club, not too difficult to get in to for a girls' night out. I've read about Webster Hall, Canal Room and several hotel rooftop bars.

As Teeter said, your Saturday is all over the map. Take a look at a map and decide what is important.

thestarryeye.typepad.com/explorenyc

4. Re: Opinions about this 3 day itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:16