We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotel for family room

Ireland
Level Contributor
587 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
best hotel for family room

Hi I am not sure if hotels in New York would have family rooms?

We are a group of 6 and we are hoping to book 2 rooms and fit 3 per room or 4 + 2 per room...7

Which hotel would be best for this or do hotels in new york have rooms that are suitable for more than 2?

so far i see most hotels have a max of 2 adults per room even though the rooms have 2 queen beds?

Thank you for any advice

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,334 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best hotel for family room

Hotels with 2 queen beds generally have a max of 4 people. Where are you seeing listings that indicate that 2 queen bed rooms have a max of 2 people?

There are many hotels that can take 3-4 per room. The list is too long to write here. I suggest you try different hotel booking sites as a start, then post here to help narrow down your choices once you identify the most appealing options for your dates and budget.

Ireland
Level Contributor
587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best hotel for family room

great thanks Christnp2

so far i have done a few general searches like booking.com and expedia i'll keep looking and some of the direct hotel websites that say max of 2 adults but maybe i was looking at it wrong...

is there any hotel you could suggest that have booked 3-4 per room?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,399 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best hotel for family room

Most of the suite hotels have room for 6 that wpuld be 2 double or queen beds and a sifabed for 2. That would mean everyone sharing a bed. The problem with that is you only have pne bathroom. I think your idea of 2 rooms is better.

Hotels with 2 queen bed rooms

Hilton Garden Inn.T imes Square

Hampton Inn Times Square North and Chelsea

Most of the Affinias

Courtyard Midtown East

Resdience Inn Midtown East

The only hotel I know of with 2 queen beds that won't take 4 online is the Verve on Long Island City.

Ireland
Level Contributor
587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best hotel for family room

thank you nywhiz ill have a look at them :)

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,403 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best hotel for family room

The TRYP on 35th near Penn Station has family rooms for 6. Two queen beds and bunks. Can also get a room for 8 that includes a sofa sleeper!

tryphotels.com/en/new-york-hotels-3-star-try…

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best hotel for family room

We just returned from a trip to NYC. We stayed at Club Towers at the WTC--got it on Priceline for about 60% the normal rate. At checkin, we were upgraded to a mini suite overlooking construction at the WTC (they stop at night, so it's quiet, & the construction is fun to watch during the day). There was a double bed in one room and a chair that folded out into a twin bed in the other. It also had a microwave & fridge. Many of the rooms there were in tiny corridors that have only have 2 rooms, so you could close the outer door to the hallway and have your 2 room doors open. We really liked this place. It had lots of amenities (loaner iPads, filtered water, laundry facilities, workout equipment delivered to your room, a gym, rooftop restaurant...)staff was very friendly & helpful too.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best hotel for family room

Sorry--Club Quarters at the WTC is the correct name

Victoria, BC Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best hotel for family room

Hotel Grand Union has family rooms

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,399 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best hotel for family room

Sorry for all the typos on my post but I think you got the gist of it. ;) I should have also mentioned there are some 2 bedroom (and in one case 3 bedroom) suites but they often tend to be more expensive than getting 2 rooms. The Affinia Manhattan and Affinia Gardens have 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suites with kitchens. The Doubletree Guest Suites in Times Square is all 1 bedroom suites, some with 2 double beds with sofabed but they also have 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suites if you phone. Best Western Hospitality (a great small suite hotel) has some 2 bedroom suites but they have only 1 bathroom.

beaconhotel.com

is a great family hotel on the upper west side near the Museum of Natural History. They have different size suites including some 2 bedroom 2 bathroom if you phone.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,399 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best hotel for family room

The one hotel with 3 bedroom suites is the Marmara.