We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time to leave Hell's Kitchen for 7PM JFK to Seattle

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
What time to leave Hell's Kitchen for 7PM JFK to Seattle

Hi everyone,

I'm just trying coordinate our return flight with a car service. We generally prefer to be at the airport about two hours before a flight just to play it safe.

It will be a sunday, July 14th, and our flight leaves JFK at 7PM for a domestic flight to Seattle. We have plans to go to The Met that day, so we will leave our bags at the hotel (Ink48) and then come back for the car service. I was just wondering what would be a good time to have them pick us up? I was thinking around 3:30 but I wasn't sure if that was overzealous or not.

Thanks!!

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time to leave Hell's Kitchen for 7PM JFK to Seattle

4:00PM is fine. You'll be there by 5:00PM.

The Long Island Rail Road / JFK AirTrain is a good option - fast and efficient. The train is reliable and pleasant. With a car service, you never know with traffic.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time to leave Hell's Kitchen for 7PM JFK to Seattle

Given that your hotel is so far west (in the wrong direction for JFK) I think you should either do as Moreffmiles suggests and take the train from Penn station which is also on the west side OR consider leaving your bags with

schwartztravel.com

at their west 46th st. location and getting picked up there or near there.

http://goo.gl/maps/bM9qT

But I also note there are a lot of street fairs and festivals and a parade on Fifth ave. going on that day... (and the day before)

http://socialeyesnyc.com/manhattan/

Unless you take the train, I would frankly not plan on going to the museum that day. It's always more crowded on a Sunday, it's in a really inconvenient location vis a vis your hotel and just too many potential problems for traffic.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What time to leave Hell's Kitchen for 7PM JFK to Seattle

I wasn't too excited about going to The Met on the last day because it IS out of the way, but I am not sure where we could fit it in otherwise in our itinerary. I do like the idea of a luggage drop...I will look into that for sure.

totally fine with taking a train to the airport vs a car service

4. Re: What time to leave Hell's Kitchen for 7PM JFK to Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:19