We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York Giants tickets Stub Hub

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
New York Giants tickets Stub Hub

I'm coming to New York in December for a 4 day trip. I've booked this as a wedding gift surprise for my new wife.

While we're there I want to go to the Giants game against the Redskins on 29th December. I've asked a question on here previoulsy about purchasing tickets and was told Ticket Master or Stub hub. Ticket master haven't got any Giants tickets available at the moment but Stub Hub have got 1000's priced from $160 upwards.

What I want to know is how reliable is Stub hub? I've googled Stub Hub reviews and there seems to be a lot of negative stuff about people getting to the venue and finding out that there tickets are fake. They get a refund but that won't help me if I'm outside the Metlife stadium trying to get in.

Also, the best view for less than $250 seems to be a section called LOGE in the middle of the stadium. Can anyone tell me what that is like?

I contacted the Giants directly but they were not very helpful.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,539 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York Giants tickets Stub Hub

We used Stubhub last year for tickets to the Knicks at Madison Square Garden. It was great. I really liked how I could filter for price, type of delivery and seating options. I don't remember if there was also an option to choose a seller based on past reliability (eg like Amazon resellers).

We wanted to get tickets emailed to us and chose that option on the filter. I think I booked in late October and at first they said the tickets would be emailed in early December.That was quite close to our departure date (mid Dec) so I was a bit anxious, but did it anyway (we did have internet access whilst in NYC and there was access to a printer at the hotel). Anyway, the tickets were delivered to my email about a week later whilst we were still home and I was rapt.

It all worked out really well and on this one experience with them I have recommended Stubhub.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York Giants tickets Stub Hub

My husband and I use StubHub pretty often for tickets to sports events, concerts, and theater shows. Often the tickets are emailed to us, but occasionally they are FedExed, and a couple of times (for last-minute purchases) we've had to pick them up at a StubHub will-call location. We've never received a fake ticket.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York Giants tickets Stub Hub

I used StubHub in 2009 and 2010 for NBA games. Both good experiences for me too, I had tickets emailed both times.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York Giants tickets Stub Hub

Stubhub is very reliable. Try to select the "instant download" option so that you can print out the tickets as soon as they are available.....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York Giants tickets Stub Hub

Thanks for all your advice and help. I suppose that's the problem with searching for anything online, people are more likely to report negative experiences than positive.

I still think its crazy the way tickets are sold in the States. It's just legalised touting, or scalping as you call it.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
49 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New York Giants tickets Stub Hub

I have used Stubhub many times in the past. The company backs up all the transactions and its very secure.

Brigitte Anne Grisanti Upstate New York

7. Re: New York Giants tickets Stub Hub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 05:18