We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

Coming to the city on a Sat. morning on Metro North and arriving in Grand Central Station. Would like to do Statue of Liberty and 9-11 memorial in one day if possible.Is there a good tour I can pick up near Grand Central or would I be better off going to Battery Park and doing it on my own. Do I need advance tickets or can I get them that day? Will be staying at the Algonquin on W 44th. Any advice on a good place for breakfast near there?

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

Hola.

Yes, do it yourself.

We can highly recommend the Variety Cafe at 65 Broadway, just south of Wall Street. We have an office in the area and eat there frequently when we are in the City.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Edited: 28 June 2013, 03:27
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,918 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

You can certainly do it yourself. I recommend going to SOL first thing in the morning then going to the 9/11 Memorial afterwards and getting tickets in advance. Especially for the SOL, it sells out quickly. For the Memorial you can get tickets on the day but it's not guaranteed so better to get beforehand if it's something you really want to do.

These are the official websites to get tickets:

www.statuecruises.com

www.911memorial.org

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

I hope you're getting in very early. It will be a long day. Yes, you need tickets to both in advance. Go to www.statuecruises.com for your SOL tickets. Get the earliest time they have available that you can make. Then go to www.911memorial.org to get your Memorial tickets. Leave plenty of time for the SOL.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

And you'll need to drop your luggage off at the hotel before heading downtown.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

Hola MailLady.

For your information, admission is free to the 9/11 Memorial. We have an office in the area and have been there many, many times and have never needed to make a reservation. That said, donations to support the Memorial and the Museum (not yet opened) are always welcome. For additional information, see:

http://www.911memorial.org/get-involved

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

If you reserve your memorial tickets in advance to guarantee your time slot, there is a $2 administrative fee per ticket.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

traveling light just a backpack.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

Reservations for the 911 memorial are not needed, though donations are always welcome.

CH

9. Re: Statue of Liberty and 9-11 in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:18