We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place for drinks near 21 club?

Olney, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
Nice place for drinks near 21 club?

I appreciate this is a slightly strange questions but I thought I would try this forum.

We are attending a wedding in central park, following the ceremony we need somewhere to go for a couple of hours for coffee or drinks within walking distance of the 21 Club. Not too difficult a request but the reason I am asking is that we will have some elderly relatives with us (its a fairly small group of 7) but I don't want to be trailing around looking for somewhere when it will be quite hot and everyone is dressed up. If anyone has any suggestions of hotels or good places for a family drink that would be great. This will be around 6pm

Thanks for any help you can give.

Full-Day NYC Small-Group Tour
166 reviews
from US$109.00*
Likely To Sell Out
New York City Wall Street Insider Tour
98 reviews
from US$35.00*
When Harry Met Seinfeld Tour
4 reviews
from US$39.00*
Fashion on Fifth Avenue Shopping Tour
10 reviews
from US$39.99*
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
16,422 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice place for drinks near 21 club?

Where within Central Park is the Ceremony? (Covers lots of territory...)

If near the Upper East Side, a drink at Bemelmans Bar in the Carlyle hotel would be suitably festive... rosewoodhotels.com/en/…

(Assume at some point you'll need to cab it from the park to 21, so you could have your drink first and then cab it to the restaurant.)

Or the Boat House in Central Park might be an option. http://www.thecentralparkboathouse.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,421 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice place for drinks near 21 club?

The Peninsula hotel has a rooftop bar with great views and also has a lobby lounge and another bar off the grand lobby. It's a few blocks from 21.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice place for drinks near 21 club?

The Russian Tea Room.

Olney, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice place for drinks near 21 club?

Thanks for all your suggestions Kaye - I hadn't even considered getting the cab afterwards I don't know why, so thanks for making me think differently.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,204 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice place for drinks near 21 club?

Normally I would never recommend a "mall", but your large family group might check into Time Warner Center, which has several bars and several coffee shops, as well as an interesting (?) Whole Foods and high-end shopping, all in air-conditioning. Not so many free benches, although free toilets.

The time of day and the day of the week could possibly make a difference. There are some some air-conditioned "bonusable amenities", like IBM Atrium/Trump Tower and Sony Atrium as well, much closer to 21. I did not enjoy the Peninsula Roof bar because of the crowds and clientele, and it could be hot up there. But I endorse the King Cole bar at the St. Regis, if price is no object. (No view except the Maxfield Parrish murals.)

6. Re: Nice place for drinks near 21 club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:18