We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gantry Plaza State Park

Plymouth
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gantry Plaza State Park

Worth a visit? We're staying at the Country Inn & Suites in LIC so won't be too far away. Bearing in mind that we already have quite a tight schedule planned, but don't want to miss something nearby...it looks like a good spot for photos of the Manhattan skyline - would you as locals recommend it?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,389 reviews
from US$36.00*
Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gantry Plaza State Park

Yeah, it's a lovely view and there are some nice cafes nearby. I like Communitea.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gantry Plaza State Park

I'm not a local but as a visitor I definitely found it worth visiting. We also stayed at a LIC hotel and opted to have dinner at an Italian restaurant called Manetta's, near the Jackson-Vernon stop on the 7 line, and then walked to the park after dinner. Beautiful view of the Manhatten skyline and the Queensborough bridge. Also an opportunity to take pictures of the Long Island and Pepsi Cola signs.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,407 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gantry Plaza State Park

Yes as a visitor. Based on morefam's suggestion, we visited on our way back to Chelsea from Flushing in the 7. My hubby got some great pix of the skyline. We also walked across Brooklyn Bridge... that is still superior but this was definitely worthwhile especially since you will be in LIC.

Edited: 10 July 2013, 08:30
4. Re: Gantry Plaza State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:17