We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

Hi folks I have a flight from Paris to JFK arriving on 18.07.13 at 12.30 pm.i have to reach my hotel country Inn & Suites Elizabeth Newark from JFK.whats are my transport options and at what cost approximately.i can not lift my bags so the transport will have to have that assistance after I arrive at JFK.i can some how manage taking my bags from check out to outside but after that lifting bags will be beyond my means.please suggest options folks.

Many thanks !

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,554 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

there is a major Int'l airport 5 minutes from your hotel. I eould see if you can chamge your flight into EWR.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

It may be easier and cheaper to change your hotel rather than your flight, but I agree with the general comment that flying into JFK and staying in Elizabeth makes no sense. The transfer will be long and expensive.

If you can't change your plans, book a car service with either Dial 7 or Carmel. The driver will lift your luggage into the trunk. If you really struggle with your bags, book an inside 'greeter' pick up and they will be able to help with your bags from that time rather than at the curb.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

Country Inn and Suites in Long Island City (Queens) is frequently recommended on the forum as a less expensive and convenient place to stay. Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth, NJ is not.

I know you were originally looking for midtown hotel accommodations a couple of months ago, and plan to visit Macy's and other Manhattan places. The NJ hotel is really the wrong choice of hotel for you.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

hi many thanks for your reply.

By an oversite i have booked a hotel for a family of 3 in Elizabeth, Newark and its going to cost me a lot to change that, or change my flight,

so my only option is to find a way to get to Newark hotel or the newark airport from JFK.lUCKILY I ARRIVE AT 12,30 PM SO THERE WILL BE TIME TO DO THE COMUTE BUT WHATS THE SANE WAY TO DO THIS..I AM PRETTY SHOCKED TO LEARN THAT I HAVE A LOGISTIC PROJECT IN FRONT OF ME..DOING THIS BEAT,,

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,444 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

Since you'd be changing hotels within the same hotel chain, have you inquired about changing your reservation to their location in Long Island City? They may be more accommodating since you're still giving your business to the same overall chain.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

If you can't change your plans, book a car service with either Dial 7 or Carmel. The driver will lift your luggage into the trunk. If you really struggle with your bags, book an inside 'greeter' pick up and they will be able to help with your bags from that time rather than at the curb.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

Hi cristnp2 you are right..i was looking at manhattan but then as things turned out i needed to be in Newark, my hotel hotel is called country inn and suites by carlson at newark...the problem is i had booked my ticket based on earlier plan of arriving into manhattan, and after confirming my ticket my plans changed and now i am strapped with JFK arrival..this is getting hair splitting..i am clueless about where i am landing, how i will transfer and how good the hotel is..the silver lining is, this hotel is walking distance from the Jersy garden mall..and i hope i am not wrong there..

i am figuring out the cheapest taxi or a shared van deal so that with least walking, lifting bags i can do a door to door arrival..hope i can manage..

worst case senario i will have to see what best i can do at the airport when i arrive at JFK..

Any suggestions?

many thanks !

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

hi kateoz many thanks..my hotel booking is actually a long story..and i cant change it..

i want to know if the 2 taxi service providers u r suggesting will be at the JFK airport to do the last minute booking or should i book on line before hand?

i wrote to both of them after finding their website but havent heard back..

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,921 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

They're basic service and will likely not answer an email. You can just phone them from the airport (there are service phones at the transportation desk) and they'll show up but I think you might get a better price and have less waiting time if you book in advance. They'll still ask you to phone them when you're ready to leave the airport and tell you where to meet the driver and what the car looks like. Do NOT accept a ride from anyone who approaches you at the airport. There are a lot of scams and touts. It's never a good idea.

I hope you realize the trip is likely to cost $100 or more after tolls and tip . I also hope you realize Newark is not a very nice area to stay and is not very close to Manhattan. This is really a bad location for sightseeing in NYC. It will take close to 2 hrs. to travel to Manhattan on public transport

http://goo.gl/maps/zp4gi

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JFK to hotel in Newark, Elizabeth- transport options

Nywiz many thanks! I will try to book dial 7.Or How would be STATE SHUTTLE? Or 5star taxi? Thanks !