We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unclear about Statue of Liberty Tickets

manchester
Level Contributor
326 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Unclear about Statue of Liberty Tickets

I wanted to book a “Reserve + Monument” ticket on this link:

www.statuecruises.com/choose_tickets.aspx

However, it is unclear if it includes the ferry trip, or if I should make my way to the island separately. Can anyone please advise?

Thanks in advance.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Unclear about Statue of Liberty Tickets

I bought these tickets just a few days ago, as far as i'm aware they include the ferry access, as the website states 'Priority entry into the Boarding Queue which saves you wait time at the departure point.' Will keep an eye on this thread in case i'm wrong though!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unclear about Statue of Liberty Tickets

The Statue of Liberty is free to visit. What you're actually paying for when you book with Statue Cruises is the ferry.

manchester
Level Contributor
326 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unclear about Statue of Liberty Tickets

Is it only the crown access then, that has limited access? So as long as I can get on the ferry (with any other NYC tour passes), then I will have access to the monument?

Edited: 18 July 2013, 12:38
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Unclear about Statue of Liberty Tickets

No. The tickets include the ferry access. The only way to access the statue, either the monument or crown, is with tickets from Statue Cruises.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unclear about Statue of Liberty Tickets

Statue Cruises is the only ferry that provides access to Liberty Island. You must buy from them. You can walk up and buy ferry tickets but will not have monument access.

6. Re: Unclear about Statue of Liberty Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 05:18