We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NY planning for next week

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
NY planning for next week

I am going to NY next week, reaching NY airport LGA at 3.30 pm, staying one block from Empire state. I am staying in NY for 6 days. I plan on buying 7 day metro card. Below is my tentative plan. Let me know if it is doable.

Day 1 : Empire state bldg. (As I will be reaching hotel around 6 pm , plan to visit Empire in the evening to see night view too ( 7 pm till 10 pm, buying tkt, standing in line and go last floor to visit).

Day 2 : 3-hour Circle Line Cruise (12.30 pm), Top of the Rock and Rockefeller Center Tour, Times square, central park American Museum of Natural History

Day3 : Statue of Liberty with statuecruises.com ( 11 am), American Museum of Natural History, Harbor light cruise

Day 4: Wall street walk, 9/11 memorial, macy’s, Broad way show, Brooklyn Bridge and Dumbo

Day 5: intrepid sea, air and space museum, Grand Central and some walking

Also, is it possible to buy tkts at the attraction place or need to buy in advance online?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,970 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NY planning for next week

Buy the ESB ticket ONLINE in advance and avoid waiting in line for that. You'll still have to wait for the elevator which is bad enough. No need to go to the"last floor" 86 is plenty high.

I assume you've already bought tickets TO the Statue of Liberty. If not, it may not be possible.

I would buy a Harbor Lights cruise in advance. Look on

goldstar.com

for discounts. I personally wouldn't do the 3 hr. Circle Line but if that's what you want to do, apparently you have to line up an hour or so in advance to make sure you get on.

Days 2,34 look too full but maybe you didn't mean the Mus. of Natural History twice. If you meant the museum of the American Indian on day 3, that looks ok.

I would buy tix to a Broadway show in advance using a discount from the left column of

broadwaybox.com

You can buy online, by phone or print the offer and bring it with you to NYC and go directly to the box office when you arrive and save some transaction fees.

2. Re: NY planning for next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:16