We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

Hotel empire is booked for accommodation. Anyone been on the rooftop, looks like a lovely terrace, anyone had wedding pictures taken up here? Photographer booked from 12.30 - 430

Wedding at ladies pavilion at 1.30 with a checker taxi booked for transport.

Photos in CP at ladies pavilion, bow bridge, the fountain.. Anyone any other suggestions of nice spots in this area of the park for pictures?

Ideally we would like some pics at Times Square, although not too many and some nice pictures of the Brooklyn bridge.

We would like to try another location, maybe flatiron building or new york library outside or Bryant park, anyone any suggestions of locations on the route from Times Square to Brooklyn bridge. I don't want to be stuck in the cab for a lot of time so trying to think of a good route and to avoid bad traffic. Also what is a realistic number of locations given the 4 hour time slot.

Our photographer will finish at 430 and we have the car until 5 and wanted to get dropped off at Chelsea pier for 5pm as we have a cruise booked for 615. Are there any nice bars that we could go to before boarding the boat? Or aree best off to stay in another location in the city rather than at Chelsea piers? Never been so can't comment. PS there are 4 people in total.

Re hair and make up, I have been looking around and I have found someone to do my hair and make up, however to do a second person for a quick blow dry and fairly light make up they will charge a similar amount and take 1.5 hours to do, therefore allocating 3.5 hours for hair and make up, I feel this is a bit excessive. Ideally I would like my make up and hair to take 2 hours and perhaps hire someone else to do hair and make up on the other person. Therefore start time of 10.30 instead of 9 am. I have had a look and all seems to be approx 1.5 hours at $250 which I feel is excessive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,044 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

That price sounds about right for hair and makeup when you're having the person come to you. When you consider that due to travel you're likely either an entire day's work of half a day's work, it probably seems less excessive.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,281 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

A great place to ask NYC wedding-related questions (such as re: a hair and makeup person) is the NYC forum on The Knot:

…theknot.com/categories/local-wedding-boards…

As far as other good spots for wedding pictures, what time of year will you be here?

Congrats!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,296 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

$250 for hair and make up "home service" is quite reasonable for New York City. Keep in mind that they need to get paid for "transportation time". Consider as well the convenience, saving you from going to a hairdresser and then to a make up artist who will also charge you the going fee. It's your wedding day, the less hassle the better.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

Hi thanks for your help. I will just go ahead and book the make up/ hair and your right if they are coming to us it is less hassle even if it is an early start.

We are coming in 6 weeks, so 5 sept. we have visited 3 times before at this time of the year and it can be mixed so fingers crossed for a dry day.

Just a little unsure of timings etc we have the photographer for 4 hours but sure it will go in very fast.

Any help re photo locations would be great. Thanks this board is great for advice etc, pretty much been glued to my ipad for the last 2 weeks as we just decided after a long 3 year engagement to come over in sept and get married.

Thanks

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

i saw some wedding groups at jane's carousel, at brooklyn bridge park [under the brooklyn end of the bridge]. it looked like a great place for photos.

http://janescarousel.com/

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,044 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

Chelsea Piers is all the way west, on the water: I don't think you'll find any bars right there, unless there's one at Chelsea Piers itself.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

Great thanks for your help, will try and have drinks in midtown then go to Chelsea piers for the cruise departing.

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
214 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

Love sculpture ?? Avenue of the Americas

9. Re: Wedding day plan so far...help on a few queries please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 06:21