We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another US Open Ticket Quesion

NC
Level Contributor
91 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Another US Open Ticket Quesion

IF we want to go to the US Open during the afternoon AND evening AND be able to get into Ashe stadium, do we have to buy 2 seperate tickets? We are only going for the one day (Day 1) and would like to spend a full afternoon and evening there.

It looks like a grounds pass is good for both day and night? It is my understanding that if you have an Ashe ticket, you can go to any of the courts/grounds but if you buy a grounds pass only you can not watch any matches in Ashe.

I found the resell site and could buy 2 pretty cheep ($40 range each) "nose bleed" section Ashe passes but if I do this....than would we be able to just arrive in the afternoon and stay to the end?

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another US Open Ticket Quesion

You are correct on all counts.

A suggestion: if you buy a grounds pass, you have access to all of the grounds except Ashe. However, you can still watch the Ashe matches on the large screen TVs/monitors all over the grounds. This will likely get you a much better view of the match than from the nosebleed sections of Ashe. Ashe is very big and you can't see much from the upper levels.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
285 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another US Open Ticket Quesion

Definitely agree! Those nosebleed tickets are very high up and you won't see much at all (I had them last year for the first night). I enjoyed having the grounds pass & being able to go into the smaller courts and watch the matches up close. Just an FYI, if you are there on Sunday you can get in the grounds for free & watch a lot of the players practicing. We spent the morning there on Sunday and I really enjoyed that. It was nice to wander around before it got so busy on Monday.

3. Re: Another US Open Ticket Quesion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 05:16