We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 people need large hotel room or apartment to rent Help!

canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
5 people need large hotel room or apartment to rent Help!

I am have always had a problem renting a hotel for a family of 5. The kids are now grown up and we have the same problem . We spend most of our time south of 25th st.so looking for an apartment or large hotel room convenient to this area. In the past we found apartments on Craigslist but now I find too many scams. I have tried Homeaway and most places only rent to 4 people. Any suggestions?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,374 reviews
from US$36.00*
Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 people need large hotel room or apartment to rent Help!

Most of the places on Homeaway are also scams, or illegal. Is there a reason you can't rent two rooms?

canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 people need large hotel room or apartment to rent Help!

I can rent 2 rooms but we have visited NYC many times in the past and booked private apartments. I prefer having a little more space and find an apartment more relaxing. Rent for 2 rooms will run me min $300 per night and I for the same price I have been able to get really nice private homes. I just seem to get a better nights sleep in someones apt and having a kitchen cuts down on breakfasts and lunches.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 people need large hotel room or apartment to rent Help!

It's still illegal and you leave yourself open to scams. You will be hard pressed to find anything for 5people for $300/night that's legal at most times of year. The legal apartment hotels are not south of 25th st.

Affinia Dumont on east 34 st and Affinia Manhattan on west 33 st are the most southerly legal places OR the Conrad Hotel in the financial district but I'm not even sure theyll take 5 to a suite.

Sohotel I think has a family suite for 5 in Soho.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 people need large hotel room or apartment to rent Help!

Have a read

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c147344/New-Yo…

canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 people need large hotel room or apartment to rent Help!

thanks

6. Re: 5 people need large hotel room or apartment to rent Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 05:17