We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York May 2014

Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New York May 2014

Hi I've just booked 7 nights in NY for me and my husband. We would love to go and see a basketball game at Madison Sq Gardens any idea when the tickets go on sale??

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,930 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York May 2014

The regular season ends in April so the only way you'll be able to see a game is if one of the local teams are in the playoffs. You'll have a long wait for that outcome.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…9314_NBA_season

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,559 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York May 2014

You can stop at the Cage on West 4th Street in Greenwich Village and watch a game there. It's flat out street ball and very entertaining! We usually go late afternoon then head to Washington square park to relax, listen to some live music, and people watch. It's a nice walk through the Village to Johns Pizza for a great pie!

Gosh, wish I was there now!

Edited: 28 July 2013, 22:54
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,143 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York May 2014

May is baseball season! Consider seeing a game at Yankee Stadium instead.

Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York May 2014

Sounds like a good idea thanks what about hockey season when's that???

Summerland BC
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York May 2014

Looking for ideas for a first time trip to New York City. Which airport, good areas for hotels, ideas to do. Defineately want to see a show or two. Like to go May 2014.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New York May 2014

You should probably start a new thread.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,143 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New York May 2014

Sunaytime, you need to start a new thread for your new question.

To do that, find the "Ask a question" button, but before you do, read through a few more existing posts. You'll quickly learn that you need to provide more info when asking about where to stay. There are lots of good areas to stay, and budget is usually a big factor.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New York May 2014

I will be going to NYC in May 2014 7night's. Any ideas on great places to go. Transport, Best food at great prices toy shops etc.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New York May 2014

^^

You should probably start a new thread. Also..read the FAQ's on the right of this page...

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,143 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New York May 2014

Welcome to the forum Neil. To start your own thread, find the "ask a question" button rather than typing a response to someone else's old question/thread.

Do take time to read the Top Questions and to read forum discussions. Right now, your question is too general.