We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant from W46th to ESB

Grimes, Iowa
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant from W46th to ESB

I know this is vague, but we will be leaving our hotel on W46th ST and walking to the ESB on a Tuesday night in September 2013. I have been all over the restaurant boars/blogs, etc but still cant find the right place. Middle income family, 4 adults, sit down tables and no chains. What do you recommend? I would prefer Italian or American but open to suggestions.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,389 reviews
from US$36.00*
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant from W46th to ESB

Restaurant Row on 46th between 8th/9th Ave has been around forever, not the trendiest/newest but definitely some decent places. some have fixed price menus. My fave is Becco, the fixed-price pasta is $29 (I think) all you can eat. Can be quite crowded. Lots of other choices on that little street as well, in fact it is door-to-door restaurants the whole block.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant from W46th to ESB

Trattoria Belvedere on Lexington between 30th and 31st is a good neighborhood option, reasonably priced.

yelp.com/biz/trattoria-belvedere-new-york-2

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant from W46th to ESB

Keen's sounds like it's right in the middle of your walk.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant from W46th to ESB

You didn't say if the hotel is west or east of, say, 8th avenue. But 9th avenue from 46 to 42 probably has 50 restaurants, and no chains-very affordable. Keens might be too pricey for you, but it's an historic place with great red meat. Do you eat Korean? You'll pass 15 Korean places in the 30s. Honestly, the answer to your OP is "Casa Nonna", but I think it's a little overpriced and not "authentic", if good. There are several restaurants in the new NY Times building, including Wolfgang's Steak, but the original (Park Ave South) is only a little out of your way. (also expensive.)

I agree that there are several fine Italian restaurants on Restaurant Row, despite its tourist reputation. Low-price, less ambitious, Sosa Borella on 8th.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant from W46th to ESB

You could also walk south from 46th on 9th Ave and have a big choice of restaurants from Asian to burgers and everything in between.

6. Re: Restaurant from W46th to ESB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:16