We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help me updated part 2

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
help me updated part 2

hey, I was advised to update my post because i wasn't very good with it last time sorry its just my first time using the site so here it is.. I am going to New York on the 25th November 2013 with my boyfriend I have my hotel it is the Millennium Hilton Hotel and have my flight we are going for 7 days we are looking at taking just over £1000 each which will be over $1500 for food, days out, shopping, etc

These prices will be each

--We will be spending $300+ for food,

so we would just like some places to eat (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) doesn't matter about the price could be cheap like $7-$25 doesn't matter its the only time we will go for a while so want to make it worth it, oh and if anyone has a good seafood place i would love to know please!

--We will spend around $300+ for days out

so we would like so ideas on places to go not just the normal sightseeing places but more if you lived there sort of thing (cant find the words) doesn't matter about price not extravagant tho!

--I want to go Carlos Bakery (Massive Fan) want to get as much as i can eat and i saw on the show they were moving but don't know if they have yet if anyone can help?

--I am looking at spending $600+ for shopping but in that i would like to buy a camera i don't mind what brand it is also would it be cheaper to buy in US or UK it doesn't matter about warranty if brought in US? Also is there any like down allay places like down in Brighton some of the best places are down allays?

Thank you for any help anyone can give us and i know people did on my other post just have updated it for more detail but if there isn't then i'm sorry

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help me updated part 2

The best place to buy a camera here is B and H Photo. Corner of 34th and 9th.

$300 for food for 7 days isn't much. I usually budget $10 each for breakfast and lunch, and that only leaves you $160 for 7 dinners. I don't think a much seafood place will fit in that budget. If you like a drink with dinner, you will definitely need to increase your budget.

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help me updated part 2

You will be able to save some money by using public transport to get to your hotel from the Airport, which airport are you flying into?

You don't need to start new threads just add more info to this one or your original one.

You can get a 7 day unlimited Metrocard each, this will be 31 dollars each and can be used on the subway and buses.

I think you need to do a bit of research into what type of camera you are looking for yourself first, then google the prices and then you will be better informed of where it is best to by it.

Can you get hold of some guide books? Either from your local library or from Amazon, these will help you to research what you want to see or do, also google maps is brilliant for working out routes and where everything is.

This forum is also excellent, the volunteer destination experts have put together a great list of frequently asked questions on the side of this page and if you have a read of them you can find out a lot of the answers you are looking for.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help me updated part 2

Thank you I didn't know how to add to it haha so just made a new one up

4. Re: help me updated part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 22:36
Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help me updated part 2

I meant add to thread by hitting reply as you have just done.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,957 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help me updated part 2

You might need to eat at delis, street carts and cheaper restaurants if you have $300.00 for 7 days for 2 people. That's not necessarily a bad thing because you can get some good, cheap food in NYC, but after a few days you might have a hankering for something more upscale. I would suggest you increase your food budget if you can.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: help me updated part 2

thats just a rough 300 and were not big drinkers either thank you very much tho!!

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: help me updated part 2

no 300 each and its around can be more doesnt matter if it is :) we are both taking over 1500$ each thank you for your reply!!

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: help me updated part 2

thank you but i didn't mean buy a camera down an alley i meant old clothes shops etc in Brighton UK there are a lot of good clothes shops down the back alleys that's why i was asking thank you for your reply!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,957 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help me updated part 2

Even $300.00 each is only $42.86 per day for food per person. I'm sure it's been done before but I would still try and increase the food budget, so you can have a splurge dinner a couple of nights.

To get to Carlos Bakery you will need to go to New Jersey. Do you realise this? It can be done though.