We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree Times Square - parking

South Carolina
Level Contributor
234 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Doubletree Times Square - parking

I'm going to ask the hotel this, as it gets closer. We are staying at Doubletree Times Square for the entire week of Thanksgiving. I know check in isn't until 3PM or so. However, if we arrived around 8AM that morning, do you think they'd let us go ahead and park our car? It'd be a huge help if they did.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubletree Times Square - parking

They will let you park. It doesn't matter to the hotel - most hotels use a nearby garage. They will also charge you for it. A week of parking will be expensive.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 13:42
South Carolina
Level Contributor
234 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubletree Times Square - parking

Thanks, I kind of figured they'd be glad to take my money. Yes, it's going to cost us about $400 for the week, but I just didn't want to deal with flying with the entire family. The lesser of two evils I guess!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
14,386 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Doubletree Times Square - parking

If you'd rather not spend so much on parking, as an alternative (assuming you are driving from the south/west) you could park your car in a lot in Weehawken or Jersey City and then take a ferry or Path train into the city.

nywaterway.com/PortImperialWeehawkenTerminal…

http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps.html

OR look here for parking rates, coupons or other deals near your hotel http://nyc.bestparking.com/

Stamford...
Level Contributor
826 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doubletree Times Square - parking

Have you looked at bestparking.com for parking rates? Whenever we take our van to the city for a couple of days we reserve a spot through them. Right now, for a week in the theater district, it's showing rates from just under $300 & up. I see more than a few garages in the $325 area, if saving a little money is worthwhile to you.

As Kateoz said, most hotels use nearby garages, they don't actually have their own. Bestparking.com will pull up a map for you with markers showing rates at those nearby garages so you can choose the lower rate - through the hotel or on your own.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,213 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doubletree Times Square - parking

Agree with Ruthie. Choose a garage near your hotel with a green icon on bestparking. Those will be guaranteed rates. Print out the coupon and bring it with you. In most (all?) places you then have to pay with a credit card when you leave.

The best strategy is to first drive to the hotel and drop off your passengers and your luggage. Even if you're very early the hotel will hold everything for you. Then drive to the garage and walk back to the hotel.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
153 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doubletree Times Square - parking

There area variety of online pre-paid parking websites.

For example right now Parkingwiz has a $15/day rate special at a garage 41 street and 10th avenue. At this low rate one option is to drop off the family and luggage, check in to the hotel then you go park and take the subway back to the hotel.

Please let us know what you end up doing.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
234 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doubletree Times Square - parking

Looks like there is a parking garage, essentially across the street from the Doubletree. We can park there for the week and save $80, plus it saves me the stress of turning onto/driving on broadway. Thanks for the great advice, looks like a win/win...as long as the garage has available spaces that Saturday morning when we arrive at 8AM!

8. Re: Doubletree Times Square - parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 06:20