We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in march and what's the weather like

Middlesex London...
Level Contributor
154 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in march and what's the weather like

I have booked my 7th trip to New York for march next year. I have been to New York in February, October and November. I was wondering what the weather will be like we are coming on 5th march for 3 nights. Also is there any sales on in the shops that time if the year. Also will they have summer clothing in the shops. Look forward to hearing from anyone that can help. Regards jade from the uk

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,377 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in march and what's the weather like

Early March is still basically winter, but temperatures tend to be a bit milder than in February. Freezing temperatures and snow is possible. Rain is very possible as well.

Stores will have spring clothing (full-priced) and some may have racks of clearance sale winter clothing. It's a bit too early for summer clothing, but some spring clothing is very summery.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in march and what's the weather like

As said above, winter weather is to be expected. I am usually still wearing my down coat. Although St Patrick's Day is typically lovely and sunny.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
13,387 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in march and what's the weather like

Some higher-end stores will have a "cruise wear " selection (for those who can escape the winter) which will probably be marked down by that time, so hit the sale racks.

Middlesex London...
Level Contributor
154 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in march and what's the weather like

Many thanks everyone

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,065 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in march and what's the weather like

March - Comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,941 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping in march and what's the weather like

There are always odd sale racks in the department stores all year round. In March, it will be slim pickings as the good stuff from the fall winter have already found homes, and way too early for the Spring Summer to go on sale. They start a private sale (most of the time) by May.

Weather in March is often times better than February.

7. Re: Shopping in march and what's the weather like

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:19