We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book of Mormons or kinky boots

MOntreal
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Book of Mormons or kinky boots

Hi! I am heading to NYC next weekend and looking for tickets to one of these shows for Saturday August 10. Which do you recommend - two 20 year olds, one 40, two 70 year olds?What is best way to buy them? Tkts? I heard you can go to box office same day? What about buying on line? Any site recommendations? Any discount codes? Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book of Mormons or kinky boots

You won't find discount tickets to either, and you may have difficulty finding 5 seats together for either show on such short notice. Telecharge is the official seller for both shows. If you actually can find tickets to both and are left to choose between the two, I must say I'm not sure Book of Mormon is something a 70 year old would enjoy, unless they are particularly "hip". I found it hilarious, but I'm not a senior citizen and I don't offend easily.

MOntreal
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Book of Mormons or kinky boots

Have you ever tried getting tickets at the box office the day of the shows?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book of Mormons or kinky boots

At this stage I believe you will have to pay through the nose to a scalper for tickets to either. Book of Mormon sells out 6 months in advance and Kinky Boots, as the recent Tony winner, is very popular.

Check each official website but then you might need to take a look at the premium section of www.broadwaybox.com if you really want to go.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book of Mormons or kinky boots

I agree that Book of Mormons is not for everyone. My husband and I (in our 50s) thought it was very funny. But when we've described it to others, some think it would be offensive and would not want to see it. So be sure you know your group's likes regardless of age and be sure you are familiar with the content of both shows.

MOntreal
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Book of Mormons or kinky boots

Thanks for good advice everyone! I will look into tickets before and not chance it.

Colorado
Level Contributor
219 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Book of Mormons or kinky boots

I saw Kinky Boots with two folks in their mid 70's. They LOVED it, as did I. Everything about it is top rate. Also, don't worry about getting 5 seats together.... you can be together before, at break, and after... better to see it than miss it for worry about a group of seats.

MOntreal
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Book of Mormons or kinky boots

How did you get the tickets for kinky boots? Online? What site? Or at box office?

Canada
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Book of Mormons or kinky boots

Telecharge is not showing anything for Kinky Boots for the 10th. You can get B of M if you sit apart, but tickets are $400 a piece, plus various fees. I only checked the evening show, not the matinee.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,826 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Book of Mormons or kinky boots

There's no way you will all win but 22 people do win tickets to BOM every day.

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2013/06/hello-my-nam…

10. Re: Book of Mormons or kinky boots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:16