We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waldorf Astoria..Anyone stay??

Level Contributor
42 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Waldorf Astoria..Anyone stay??

Hi,Silly question, I have finally got a good rate for waldorf Astoria and was going to book but seen on there guest services section that no casual wear in lobby after 6pm, not that I am not refined but like my jeans and uggs when walking around NYC... Has anyone stayed ???and experience any issues.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
141 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,015 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,127 Reviews
from US$57.00*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,395 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waldorf Astoria..Anyone stay??

Have you looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor?

I don't think you are not allowed to walk through the lobby in casual attire - I just think you can't go to the bars / restaurants in casual attire.

Level Contributor
42 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waldorf Astoria..Anyone stay??

Oh,silly me..Just when I read there guest service description felt very not welcome...Maybe I will look some where more relaxed as Irish and we go out in Jeans and TShirts a lot so would like to stay some where we can feel comfortable. Maybe not me..

Level Contributor
140 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waldorf Astoria..Anyone stay??

Hey MisseyB you can dress up for a meal or a drink. I was over once and fancied staying for a night and could not get a room at any price, so disappointed mind you I've also been turned away from the Ritz for not wanting to wear a tie

Level Contributor
9,476 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waldorf Astoria..Anyone stay??

Look for something else and avoid the "poopy towel".

;;)). ( read the recent reviews)

Level Contributor
234 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waldorf Astoria..Anyone stay??

I am going there for a third stay in October, dressed casual in the bars, jeans and sneakers when returned from a days sightseeing, never been a problem and staff very accomodating, dressed up for a meal in the bull and bear and father in a tie. Highly reccommend and at the moment they are offering free room upgrades. Love our stays there!

Edited: 10 August 2013, 23:12
birmingham uk
Level Contributor
639 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waldorf Astoria..Anyone stay??

We have stayed and jeans were fine in the lobby. We dressed up if we were going for a drink in the bar on the way in or out, but I think that may have involved super smart jeans And a jacket!

I have stayed in smarter but less glam hotels in NYC, but I would go back to the Waldorf any time. The staff are lovely- even with us falling through the door off a flight from London in jeans and trainers.

7. Re: Waldorf Astoria..Anyone stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:16