We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

US
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

Hi there,

I arrive in NYC mid August for 6 nights with two college daughters. I booked refundable Chelsea Savoy Hotel months ago for around 200 per night with two double beds but now worry we may be too cramped in the room. I have never stayed in Chelsea and read that location is great. I have stayed at the Standard on the High line and loved it. We are happy to be a little cramped and have stayed at the 17th in the past. I can increase my hotel budget and stay two of our six nights with friends but also don't love the idea of a change after two nights. Would like to stay in Chelsea or below 17th St. Not picky but worry if six nights at the Chelsea Savoy Hotel will take it's toll on a much awaited vacation. I am possibly thinking of an Affina hotel.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

There are no Affinia hotels below 17th st. (the southernmost are the Affinia Dumont on east 34th st. and the Affinia Manhattan on west 33 st.). Many of the hotels with Chelsea in the name are actually in the low 30's or high 20's, more the old fur district/flower market than the heart of Chelsea. The Hampton Inn Chelsea and the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea are 2 that have rooms with 2 queen beds rather than the more typical 2 doubles but both are above 17th st. Sohotel has some family rooms that might provide a bit more space.

The Hotel Mulberry and the Best Western Bowery Hanbee and the Best Western Seaport and Hampton Inn Seaport are downtown hotels with 2 queen rooms. Those also happen to include free breakfast in the room rate.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

PS what is the 17th?

3. Re: Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 21:50
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,830 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

ILoveLouisiana--it would be very nice if you deleted the above post (Report Inappropriate content, and then "remove my post") AND reposted it on your own thread. What you are doing is hijacking a thread which is rude ( and you as a DE should know that) Answers to your question and answers to the OPs question will get mixed up!

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

I apologize, rdglady. I primarily help others on the Louisiana forum and this happens many times. I don't believe that I have seen anyone offended but your point is well taken. I will repost.

US
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

I meant to say In the past my daughters and I have stayed at hotel 17 ( small room.)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
100 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

@ I love Louisiana. No offense no worries

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

I assume you realize Chelsea Savoy is not below 17th st but on 23 st.?

US
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

I meant in the Chelsea area. Has anyone stayed at the savoy and can you recommend it for a 6 night stay w 3 in a room?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Three people in one room. Booked Chelsea Savoy Hotel

There are a few photos from travelers on the review page here of rooms with 2 beds. Click on travelers photos.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d112019-…

It doesn't look that small to me if space is your main issue. I think queen beds would be preferable but don't know which other hotels are available for your dates or how much more it would cost.