We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bookings for May '14 now or wait ?

innisfail
Level Contributor
213 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Bookings for May '14 now or wait ?

Been searching for hotels for May 16 x 4 nites, was wondering if I'm too early to be looking ?

Most of the hotels are showing inflated prices compared to various other earlier dates. Some are not even released for this time.

I'm hoping for $250 per nite for 2 ppl, midtown east perhaps.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bookings for May '14 now or wait ?

It is too early. That said, if you find something you like, book it as long as you can cancel it without penalty if you change your mind.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bookings for May '14 now or wait ?

If the price is right then book it now

I booked mine in March 2013 for February 2014 11 months in advance as I got a good deal

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
17,639 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bookings for May '14 now or wait ?

I found some really good deals 11 months out. If you see something you like and the price is good then book it if it is cancellable. Just make sure you don't forget that you have booked it in case you do more looking closer to the time.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,399 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bookings for May '14 now or wait ?

May is a pricey time in general and some dates will be quite pricey (demand and prices fluctuate, even within the same month).

If "various other earlier dates" means early Spring, then it's typical for May prices to be higher. I would not expect to see them come down as low as March or early April prices, and definitely not as low as winter prices.

Book something that is acceptable that can be canceled without a fee, then watch for better deals closer to travel time. I'd start paying close attention to pricing 3-4 months in advance or so. It depends on how much stamina you have to continually search.

5. Re: Bookings for May '14 now or wait ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:17