We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner reservation times

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
127 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
dinner reservation times

We are not attending any shows, so we were thinking about an 8:00 dinner reservation time. Is this is a "less busy" time for dinner?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner reservation times

No. Unless you plan on eating on Restaurant Row or somewhere that targets pre-theater diners, 8pm is probably the most common time for dinner.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,152 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner reservation times

When you have dinner at 6, you will be competing for tables with folks who are trying to get into shows if you are eating in the Times Square area. On the other hand, a lot of dinner business starts at 7 for non-theater goers. I'd either make reservations if you have a specific restaurant in mind or realize that you may have to wait for a table. On the other hand, there are so many restaurants, especially in the Times Square area, that, unless I want to dine at a certain restaurant, I usually just wander around until I find something promising. The last time I was in NYC, I went to a restaurant Le Marseilles, that was highly recommended by my NYC based friends & was deeply disappointed. So, one never knows do one. I find just wandering until I find a restaurant of my liking part of the NYC experience.

3. Re: dinner reservation times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 05:17